Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gt3 seats / Gen2 steering wheel upgrade

kam said:
LaSource said:
Where is the steering wheel from? Did it come with the alcantara and yellow band?

Bought from Germany, original with the stripe was never fitted.

Nice. If new then would be interested in supplier. Thanks.

LaSource said:
kam said:
LaSource said:
Where is the steering wheel from? Did it come with the alcantara and yellow band?

Private guy, had this and a paddle which is in his turbo.

LaSource said:
kam said:
LaSource said:

I know a good steering wheel upholstery guy, he has converted a wheel to flat bottom for me in the past. Pm me your email if you are interested.

isysman said:
Steering wheel looks good. :thumbs:

Thanks! Glad I had no probs with my horn! :D

Looks good!

& very interested in the fix you came up with for the horn.

If it saves me having to splash out on a new control unit I'm interested!

Hope you get the details up soon!

:thumb:

Clanky said:
Looks good!

& very interested in the fix you came up with for the horn.

If it saves me having to splash out on a new control unit I'm interested!

Hope you get the details up soon!

:thumb:

Thanks!
Pm you my mobile, maybe easier to explain.

Well Kam, thanks for the info. I took some tie out today & managed to get my horn working with the Gen.2 wheel now.

As per your info. I was also able to carry out a minor addition to the procedure myself.

I discovered that the orange multi plug has a small pink plastic clip inside it (see pic) which passes through the centre & holds all of the pins in place.
If you pop it out, you can remove the two pins & swap them round, allowing you to use the original spade connector as an earth to the airbag chassis.
Afterwards, I was able to simply splice the steering wheel ground to the original wire by soldering & a small piece of heat shrink & re-assemble the connector so it looks pretty much stock.

Note: I'm not sure if this would work as easily with a M/F wheel, as it's likely the second earth wire from the original spade connector connects to the M/F controls inside the wheel, but it does work fine with the plain wheel.

Attachments

• connector_139.jpg
    connector_139.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 3,018
  • inside_403.jpg
    inside_403.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 3,018
Clanky said:
Well Kam, thanks for the info. I took some tie out today & managed to get my horn working with the Gen.2 wheel now.

As per your info. I was also able to carry out a minor addition to the procedure myself.

I discovered that the orange multi plug has a small pink plastic clip inside it (see pic) which passes through the centre & holds all of the pins in place.
If you pop it out, you can remove the two pins & swap them round, allowing you to use the original spade connector as an earth to the airbag chassis.
Afterwards, I was able to simply splice the steering wheel ground to the original wire by soldering & a small piece of heat shrink & re-assemble the connector so it looks pretty much stock.

Note: I'm not sure if this would work as easily with a M/F wheel, as it's likely the second earth wire from the original spade connector connects to the M/F controls inside the wheel, but it does work fine with the plain wheel.

Great news! Glad it's working :thumbs:
May even swap mine around and connect the original wire.

997 Heated seat retrofit - Non OEM

Research on here seems to suggest that converting my recently acquired sports seats to heated using OEM Porsche parts is a rather forlorn hope.

Has anyone acheived a similar outcome using non OEM seat heaters and how and what did you use?

I would much rather make everything look standard if possible but as I have luxury of two pairs of seats right now I can work on converting the sports seats whilst the comfort ones are fitted.

Thanks in advance
David

calling Kam, who has done this on his 911 Turbo

let me merge this topic with his thread

Looks great, on my ever growing mod list! Like the yellow band too :thumb:

911UK said:
calling Kam, who has done this on his 911 Turbo

let me merge this topic with his thread

8)

DucatiRob said:
Looks great, on my ever growing mod list! Like the yellow band too :thumb:
:thumbs:

kam said:
Had to fit resistors for the seat air bags.

Can you supply more details? What was done where did you get the kit from please?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back