Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning water marks off windscreen help needed

FZP said:
Too cold to wash the car so I haven't tried yet....but it's looking likely this weekend

Too cold to wash the car, since January :dont know:

Northern pu**y :floor:

kurlykris said:
FZP said:
Too cold to wash the car so I haven't tried yet....but it's looking likely this weekend

Don't joke, I've considered putting in a hot water tap to make winter washing possible.

FZP said:
kurlykris said:
FZP said:

Don't joke, I've considered putting in a hot water tap to make winter washing possible.

I have an old kettle in the garage for this very reason :grin:

Glass polish should do the trick but if you are struggling you could try autosol metal polish, it is surprisingly effective at cleaning glass.

kurlykris said:
FZP said:

BTW I consider 90% of the world's population to be northerners 8)

So I tried the clay bar and it seems to have made an improvement. Will try and polish the glass and see if that sorts the last bit. Will confirm on the next rainy day.
The kettle was used to take the sting our of the water

Ok so I can confirm the clay bar achieved the desired outcome. Just been for a drive and it's removed the marks. Quick and easy

So I had the return of the water marks back on my windscreen which using a clay bar wouldn't shift. Turns out that Porsche screen wash is bloody good at removing residue from the screen. As I never really used the screen washer much, it never occurred that it might work.
Crystal clear screen.

Larry's ya man!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back