Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is the paint code for 993 Turbo S wheels ?

It's not painted per se, the wheel is clear lacquered.

Great, except for the info on Turbo S wheels.

Oooohh, sarky... So what's the special sauce with the Turbo S wheels? Which style are they? Everyone always refers to this as the wheel bible, but no mention of Turbo S wheels.

http://www.944racing.de/wheelweights.php

Try enlightening us?

Mark - are these the wheels you mean?

Attachments

• xsteinhardt_a7_140507_5508jpgpagespeedicssqa2e1o7z_747.jpg
    xsteinhardt_a7_140507_5508jpgpagespeedicssqa2e1o7z_747.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 3,612
Think I read somewhere that turbo s wheels were not painted as such but heat coated with some sort of aluminium type material or something like that .so if u curbed them you would of been stuffed .May just be Internet talk though. 8)

Turbo S Wheels - Colour

I think they have a more chrome effect as per the picture. Do you think Chris would know?

They are ion deposited (sputtered) with pure Al coating and clear lacquered.

I didn't mention it earlier, as we were talking remedial painting, and the PVD process is both not paint and not available outside of the original manufacturing process.

(Although it is true industrial PVD companies exist, they tend to work on smaller components and aren't retail orientated for obvious reasons, and the bespoke work needed would exceed the cost of buying a new wheel from Porsche any way)

Are they different to the regular Technologie (ie Hollow Spoke) wheel in that respect? I guess what Mark cares about - correct me Mark if this is wrong - is can he send them off to be blasted and repainted like a normal Turbo wheel?

Re: Turbo S Wheels - Colour

I think they have a more chrome effect as per the picture. Do you think Chris would know?

....... is the Pope Catholic? ...... is a Rabi Jewish? ....... :floor:

LOL... just this sec PM'd Mark suggesting he phone Chris.

They are funtionally the same wheel (ie pre-finishing, it is the same mould etc)

They have different part numbers as finished items (just like any colour choice item)

Therefore, if one is damaged, may be easier/cheaper more effective to buy the one corner and refurb all together.

So yes, just get a matching finish (or as close as possible) in paint (liase with Exel Wheels/Chris W for chrome effect paints), and just refurb all.

Only museum Turbo Ss will still be original clear lacquer.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back