Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Incoming - Zingari look away now........

jonttt

Monaco
Following on from my disasterous attempt to get a Macan GTS for SWMBO to stop me buying a Boxster (see http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116508)...... I bought a boxster for 25 bags # :thumb:

# 25 bags is based on SWMBO knowing I "saved" £18k by buying her an Evoque compared to the specced up Macan so I was allowed to spend £25k on a toy :)

now SWMBO is obviously NOT a car person given she would rather have an evoque than a Macan in the first place so the conversation went along the lines of ....

Her "how much was it"

Me "25 bags"

Her "WHAT!"

Me "25 bags"

Her "whats a bag ?"

Me "its a unit of currency used to value porsches"

Her "oh"

now we all know that 1 bag > £1 but she does not :hand:

I think I'll start a little journal of my Boxster adventures, more to follow on a seperate thread :wink:

:hand: Have given any thought to your syrup when driving with the rag top down :dont know:

I have to say the 981 model is a great car and I'm very interested but as my intent is for a daily driver it needs to have a tin roof and hence the Cayman option.

That Mexico blue Cayman is still up @49 bags :floor: so when they drop it to its true value of 39 bags I might be interested as that could tie in with my retirement :thumb:

Zingari said:
That Mexico blue Cayman is still up @49 bags :floor: so when they drop it to its true value of 39 bags I might be interested as that could tie in with my retirement :thumb:

I didn't know you were only 40 mate :thumb:

Someone needs to tip the hat to Theresa May and the economy of bags Brexit will take a whole new direction :D

Zingari said:
:hand: Have given any thought to your syrup when driving with the rag top down :dont know:

I have to say the 981 model is a great car and I'm very interested but as my intent is for a daily driver it needs to have a tin roof and hence the Cayman option.

There where 3 different Mexico blue cars at the OPC today, all for sale, common as muck :grin:

I'd look at buying Wilperts Boxster if he's still got it to save on the OPC tax. Black with tan leather the perfect combo :worship:

I got mine cheaper than none OPC cars with less spec and an additional 2 years warranty to boot :wink:

Don't rule them out, its all about timing :wink:

Benjs said:
Now as I'm in the market for a 981, 25 bags at an OPC seems like a wee bending of the truth for swmbo ;)

:hand: your falling into the trap of assuming 1 bag = £1,000 :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back