Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DIY Detailing Post-a-pic thread...

Arches are just cleaned rather than detailed.
The first thing I do when viewing a car for sale is grab a handful of wheel arch and that tells me quite a lot about the previous owner.

Enough of mine let's see some others as I know Monkey for one likes to dabble in this field :thumb:

As you say, arches and the underneath are very revealing, Yet to get under mine yet. Expect a detailed white to be similar in returns to silver, but we will see.

Even if your silvers and whites don't make massive statements, you still get protected paintwork which is easier to stay on top of etc.

Definitely up for seeing some more members' efforts.

It's all about having a go yourself, going on what you have achieved you won't have any problems, it's nothing that a little time and elbow grease can't fix.

White is another work hungry colour but I've seen some amazing results so it's all possible if you put the shifts in :thumb:

It's not for everyone I know but I really admire people that have a go nothing like admiring your own hard work :grin:

Washed, clayed, da polished, Poorboys Black Hole, Zymol waxed

Will pop it on my mate's ramp and will get to work on the arches in the Spring. Trick with detailing is reading up on the technique and the products, then with a bit of hard work you see serious results.

It all started when my mate with the line of Pork from the 996.1 used to take us to The Ring. We would spend a weekend before the trip getting the car tip top. Would also then get a load of pics for when the day came that he would sell up. Absolutely shattering to do a whole detail in one day, but worth it IMO.

Yet to play with a DA though. Mate on the R32oc got handy with his and invited me over for a intro session but never got round to taking him up.

Really buzzing to have a go on my white Cayman. Loving white so far, would never have black again I don't think. One drive and it needs washing again. With the white, I'm finding that it doesn't show swirls so the paintwork doesn't need such babying on the basic washes. Secondly, it doesn't appear to show water marks. I have not dried the car once after a wash yet, but then, it is ridiculously humid at the moment.

Dave, your Turbo looks stunning. Have heard good things about 'Poorboys Black Hole'.

I agree,Daves car looks superb I am a massive fan of the colour black,but it does not take many miles to get the car looking matted in dust etc.

These are my efforts

MK4 R32

More recently my 997

Before

After

I use
Menzerna 2400 & 3800
Poorboys black hole
Obsessive detail sealant
Auto Glym HD WAX

2 bucket wash / clay / rinse / polish / wax / beer(s)...

Attachments

• img_0570rsz_299.jpg
    img_0570rsz_299.jpg
    903.1 KB · Views: 5,464
Some lovely work here, Gents. It just can't be argued that black doesn't give the most back!

I just comfort myself by thinking it only looks like that until the engine is started! :lol:

Getting ready for this years pre-show DA session :)

Here's last years in photo summary!

Chris

Just love a 964, possibly my favourite shape of all the 911s.

Looks immense to say the least.

I probably should have a dabble with a DA.

The return of Marty Wild said:
I probably should have a dabble with a DA.

Much easier than you'd think :)

Still not a quick process tho. When time allows I'm upgrading to a rotary, or even better a Rupes Bigfoot DA :worship:

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back