Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

'With SWMBO due a new car I decided the best compromise was to get her a sporty SUV that I would also enjoy driving. a Macan GTS was ordered for Feb build / Mar delivery. The problem was she hated it (I got a loaner for a day after order) and I was being stupid / selfish getting a car that was not suitable for her just for me to drive occassionally. So order cancelled, more suitable car ordered. '

and SWIMBO's view on the new acquisition? (apologies to Kimbo)

Pretzel said:
'With SWMBO due a new car I decided the best compromise was to get her a sporty SUV that I would also enjoy driving. a Macan GTS was ordered for Feb build / Mar delivery. The problem was she hated it (I got a loaner for a day after order) and I was being stupid / selfish getting a car that was not suitable for her just for me to drive occassionally. So order cancelled, more suitable car ordered. '

and SWIMBO's view on the new acquisition? (apologies to Kimbo)

she squinted at a picture of it on the screen and simply stated "I suppose you'll be on the bloody computer all night now" :thumb:

she then went out with her mate to watch La La Land which suited me fine :grin:

I'm jealous! I've been looking at these for a while. White or red it would have to be for me. That is a great spec. Oh the sound, what a great sound, that's why it's such a crime they have replaced with that horrible mess they call the 718 (Designation 982 BTW).

Congrats, fantastic car. I might be joining you at some point. I can't decide whether I want another Boxster or go the opposite way and get a Macan. I'm in the US rigth now driving around in a Hyundai SUV and I'm liking the idea of having one of my own (SUV not a Hyundai).

The Macan GTS is an awesome SUV :thumb:

I've managed to get access to the original porsche build options list so added the costs to my original post, £170 for the painted key :eek:

When I viewed mine the other week I couldn't believe that the car was under two Porsche covers, had the painted key and also liners front and rear.
The car and owner are exactly what I have been looking for :lol:

Make sure you have the original supplying dealer make the plates.
Mine is Porsche Leicester so once I do my plate transfer I'll do a trip down to get them.
Nothing worse than a super car with a plate made and typo' with 'Halfrauds'

jonttt said:
browsing the DVLA to source a totally random plate for the car, did not expect to find much but.......

will be on the car :thumb:

controversial I know to some but its a bit of cheap fun

ps I can't believe that plate was available, imagine the fun when I try to sell it on here :floor:
:sad:

jonttt said:
browsing the DVLA to source a totally random plate for the car, did not expect to find much but.......

will be on the car :thumb:

controversial I know to some but its a bit of cheap fun

ps I can't believe that plate was available, imagine the fun when I try to sell it on here :floor:

Is that "AHOY", as in "Hello Sailor"? :wink:

Nice car BTW.

I like that, its whatever you make of it :wink:

Being completely unbiased :wink: good choice :thumb:

Clarkey said:
Being completely unbiased :wink: good choice :thumb:

Sorry, Steve my old fruit I fail to see how anyone could ever think that you
might be biased, in any way, shape or form ?

..ps, you still honing around in that Cayman GTS ?

:eek:

Words fail me, I need to wipe the stupid grin off my face before it sticks

Wow...........what a great day.........

So I had just over a 3 hour train journey to Porsche Leicester to pick up the GTS today.

The car was prepped very well, the SE David was very professional, we completed the paperwork which had all been nicely prepared and organised ready for me. I needed the Tracker activating for my Insurance and he had all that ready as well. I did not realise that the tracker was not standard on the 981 and had been specified by the first owner at a cost of c£1,000 so that was a nice saving on me having to get one fitted, pays for the annual subscription for a few years ;-)

We did a very quick handover at my request as I'd rather setup the car in my own time. Once he was happy we had covered the "health and safety" aspects it was a shake of the hands and I was off. I had a trip down to Sussex staying in a spa hotel until Friday before returning home to Liverpool with the car.

Firstly, what a gorgeous looking car once on the road. It got the same looks that something "nice" and just a special gets. Its very much a porsche thing compared to other luxury marks in my experience. By comparison my black FFRR feels very incognito. Pulling up at the hotel at the end of the trip, the concierge talked about my car for the first time (he has never bothered talking about cars to me before and I stay at the hotel a lot), it was not overshadowed by the bentley, R8 V10 and Aston Martin also parked up. I even managed to park next to another boxster ;-) ......... Of course I had to look back as we walked toward the hotel entrance and it was great to see other guests looking at the car and ignoring the more expensive cars on the other side of the car park ;-) maybe it was because it was so clean but the white just looked stunning.

The trip over, well where do I start with first impressions.

The MPG, 150 miles mainly motorway and 32 MPG !!!!! The first part of my trip was 100 miles of motorway and that was showing 34MPG, the average dropping when I took B roads on purpose. Much higher than I was expecting and better than I get in my Range Rover by quite a bit. I can't believe I'm starting by talking about MPG but I was shocked by the reading.

The noise, well I had high expectations and it did not dispappoint even though I did not have chance to get the roof down. I had the sports exhaust on for the whole trip, what a blast. Its is definitely on a par with my 993 for grin factor on noise alone and better than anything I've driven this side of a 430/488 in Race mode which is saying quite a bit. The reviewers rave about the exhaust note and its pretty obvious why, its simply gorgeous and brutal at the same time on full overrun.

I managed the last 50 miles on mixed A / B roads which where unknown to me, I kept this in sport mode as traffic was relatively heavy (did not try sport plus) but managed a few overtakes. THe best part, slowing down for sharp bends / turns, the overrun, burbles and snarled just make you want to laugh out loud. I'm literally sat here typing with my cheeks aching, soooooooo much fun. I driven most super cars and the thing I always say is that they are simply too big / too fast for the UK roads. That's why I love my 993. The size, weight of the boxster compared to faster cars and even 911's (I've been in a 991 Turbo S this week) really is much more useable on A and B roads. I know there where sections today I drove faster than I could have in a 488 or huracan. The roads where a little greasy and busy for me to push too hard, I can't wait for quite roads I know with sport plus and traction off.

The seating position and sports plus seats are perfect for me and I'm a big guy. 150 miles and I loved every second of it. Its so nice / such a contrast to the Range Rover to be sat low and elongated. I really do have the best of both worlds, the RR is sooo comfortable, on a par with the phantom (almost) but sit up and beg in comparison. I travelled alongside an L405 similar to mine at one point and it really did seem massive in comparison and soooo high up. Will get some pics of them side by side.

Anyway enough drivel, time for a few very quick pics. I did not take any at the OPC but after I had been shown to my room I nipped back out to get the Porsche goodies out of the boot and took a few quick snaps as it was getting dark........

and the goodies from Porsche, original handbooks, service book, wallet, x2 keys, x2 new Porsche keyfobs, x2 tracker fobs (one not in pic as in my wallet) and a nice presentation box with a pic of the car...

Si I'm very happy with my purchase, off now to get a nice meal, no doubt nipping outside with another excuse to see the car ;-)

Out and about in ours today - 200 miles or so - and it is still just as grin inducing after 18m of ownership. I'll never tire of the PSE 8) Have you toyed with the two PASM settings yet? I'd be interested to know your views.
:thumbs:

Haven't they come on far since the first iteration, lovely car!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back