Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC visit, feel good moments / feel bad moments.

the other me

Passed by my (N of Spain ) OPC today & happened to glance upstair to the 1st level where I know they store customers cars (for a fee ) etc.

I had never thought to ask to go up for a gander, but the white 991gt3rs wing I spotted suggested I should make the effort.

The sales chap was very happy to open the gate & accompany me. . . . . well, whoosh ! !

A million € of prime Pork, being stored like "modern art".
The white rs, a stunning lava one (under a cover ) and, the cherry on the cake , a white/green stripe 991R. . . . holy moley.

Which one said the salesman ? "Oh the R, no doubt, and not because of the value " was an easy conclusion (for me anyhow) so. . . . . half a million win on €millions & I could make a cheeky offer.

Unfortunately, as many have remarked on here & elsewhere, none of the 3 of them looked like they had been used (the R didn't even have plates FFS, so, really just being layed-up like a good wine )

Wine is for drinking & Pork is for Driving, so, I left in awe of what Porsche can produce, but, at the same time saddened that the 3 of them are unlikely to be used for any appreciable part of their lives for their intended purpose. :envy:

Sorry, just gawped /drooled :frustrated:

May be tempted to go back with a camera though & snap some decent shots of the R (albeit indoor shots) as it was proper luverly .

I so wanted to "liberate " it . . . . (for it's own good. . .and mine )

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back