Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thoughts please

highway said:
However, there are MANY places that can do the same work to a high standard where you aren't getting your wallet bored out to quite that sort of level.

Very expensive sometimes equates to very good. Sometimes it's just very expensive.

:hand: Chum, this is for a 993 and when you've got those rose tinited specs on you simply must pay top price to feel you've sunk your dough into leather that's not going to end up as wrinkled as an octogenarian's ball sac the moment you drive off the car park :what:

Whilst the Illuminati are checking for wiper widget and whether the plastic ties under the trunk carpet have the correct number of holes informing them you 'only' paid £1000 for a trim and dye job wont cut the mustard.

You can actually buy the OEM leather seat covers and then need to find someone skilled in leather stretching (GT4 possibly :dont know: ) and stitching to fit them. I'm reliably informed Timpsons heel bar at Lakeside can't do it :nooo:

I think that it's a dangerous mindset to accept that you own a Porsche thus can expect to be "fleeced".

highway said:
I think that it's a dangerous mindset to accept that you own a Porsche thus can expect to be "fleeced".[/quote

You can certainly expect many to try....

Albionmuz said:
There speaks an Alfa man of 40 years :what:

Never known many of these to last 40 years . . .
:dont know:

I believe he still owns the badge :dont know:

Zingari said:
highway said:
However, there are MANY places that can do the same work to a high standard where you aren't getting your wallet bored out to quite that sort of level.

Very expensive sometimes equates to very good. Sometimes it's just very expensive.

:hand: Chum, this is for a 993 and when you've got those rose tinited specs on you simply must pay top price to feel you've sunk your dough into leather that's not going to end up as wrinkled as an octogenarian's ball sac the moment you drive off the car park :what:

Whilst the Illuminati are checking for wiper widget and whether the plastic ties under the trunk carpet have the correct number of holes informing them you 'only' paid £1000 for a trim and dye job wont cut the mustard.

You can actually buy the OEM leather seat covers and then need to find someone skilled in leather stretching (GT4 possibly :dont know: ) and stitching to fit them. I'm reliably informed Timpsons heel bar at Lakeside can't do it :nooo:

I'm busy this weekend.

HPNer said:
Albionmuz said:

I imagine that living in Wales & owning a water-soluble car might not be a good plan!

Tobesetc said:
HPNer said:
Albionmuz said:

I imagine that living in Wales & owning a water-soluble car might not be a good plan!

My GTV is the same age as my 993 and the condition is just as good, in fact the GTV has never leaked, wish I could say the same about the Targa and the 968.

Alfas still suffering from the Alfasud rust issues in so many people's eyes :lol:

Albionmuz said:
Tobesetc said:
HPNer said:
Albionmuz said:

My GTV is the same age as my 993 and the condition is just as good, in fact the GTV has never leaked, wish I could say the same about the Targa and the 968.

Alfas still suffering from the Alfasud rust issues in so many people's eyes :lol:

I owned this little beauty for a year or so in 1976 and sold it to my mother when I bought my first ever 911. I bought it back in around 1982 or three and then sold it a year later. It had a big hole in the front cross member when sold.
I googled the number as I wondered whether it was still alive, and lo and behold it looks better than new from this pic. It was pictured at Goodwood a few years back. I did love this car . . .
I could talk to you about my Alfasud Sprint Veloce and its handbrake . . . but that's a different story . . .

Apologies for post hijack!!

Attachments

• 2000gtv_455.jpg
    2000gtv_455.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2,689

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back