Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPMS for aftermarket wheels?

Roro

I was wondering, if you fit non-Porsche wheels to a GT3, do you have to put up with TPMS warning lights on the dash? If so can these be coded off easily? Also is there a particular aftermarket TPMS any of you guys use with different wheels?

:?:

The TPMS sensors you can buy aftermarket & have them coded to your car.

They should fit any wheel, as they simply go in place of the standard valves.

If you look around online, there should be some wheel & tyre dealerships in your area which will stock them.

As an example, I had one fail recently & my local wheel & tyre place charged around £50 for a replacement & coding, compared to Aberdeen OPC who charged around £145 for the last one.

I know who I'll be using in future!

You could order from these guys, i did and no drama. No coding just fitted and worked.

IIRC there are two frequencies for the 997's so not sure how you get the right one, may be a model year chnage? These were from the US but fast and cheap.

http://www.tpmsdirect.com/Huf_TPMS_Sensors_s/1473.htm

Cheers dude. I was looking at that site earlier, one thing I couldn't work out was is the price shown per sensor or per set of 4...? :oops:

Roro said:
Cheers dude. I was looking at that site earlier, one thing I couldn't work out was is the price shown per sensor or per set of 4...? :oops:

Each i think. But they are OE.

Bear in mind if you were to order from the states you will likely be hit with customs charges plus royal mail handling fee!

I got hammered in November for an extra £22 for something that only cost £60!

I think it may be something to do with paying for the overtime & extra staff taken on over the festive... Not impressed!

Just to update - I got my TPMS already fitted with the new wheels and tyres I bought, set of 4 were £169 from Rimstyle, not sure if they sell separately (... they must do...)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back