Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paint Codes Satin Platinum Wheels?

A11ykf

Does anyone have info on Satin Platinum wheels? Were there two types and if so what cars were the different ones used on?
I managed to find a code 0B5 on the Glasurit website which seems to apply to two different paints

PORSCHE PLATINUM MET - 0B5
PLATINUM MET SEIDENMATT - 0B5

Any further info would be appreciated, some photos of which is which if anyone has them would be great two.
I think it was maybe Cayman wheels and the new GT3 both seems to have that colour description and when I looked at some photos online they appear to be two different colours?

Can't help with code, as Exel wheels did them

Though "seiden" in German translates to silk(en), which I would say is satin ?
It definitely a Matt rather than gloss finish.

Can help with a photo of mine :

Seidenmatt is a satin finish, when I buy paint from the local DIY store here in Luxembourg.

Nice colour though... the PO painted the wheels in that colour on my latest purchase, but I'm not sure if they are satin or gloss finish - I haven't had a chance to look at them in daylight yet.

Attachments

• porsche_911_turbo_996_turbo_s2664488_1_140.jpg
    porsche_911_turbo_996_turbo_s2664488_1_140.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 4,726
I have the formula for OB5 as I'm looking to get mine done at some point.

If you need a copy drop me an e mail :thumb:

askgeez said:
Can't help with code, as Exel wheels did them

Though "seiden" in German translates to silk(en), which I would say is satin ?
It definitely a Matt rather than gloss finish.

Can help with a photo of mine :

Very nice! That is exactly what I am looking for.

RichiRich said:
Seidenmatt is a satin finish, when I buy paint from the local DIY store here in Luxembourg.

Nice colour though... the PO painted the wheels in that colour on my latest purchase, but I'm not sure if they are satin or gloss finish - I haven't had a chance to look at them in daylight yet.

They look gloss from that photo. I'm really looking for the Satin finish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back