Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trip to Germany...

On the Autobahn, a good tip is to do what the locals do, if you suddenly find yourself going way faster than anyone else you can guarantee you have come into a speed restricted section, I just mirror what others do (other than look at the signs), they are very fastidious with rules and this is a good thing on the Autobahn.
Always keep an eye on your rear view mirrors and keep right if not overtaking, they can come upon you really fast no matter how fast you think you are going, a 20mph difference doesn't seem a lot at high speeds but it does make a noticeable difference still.

Baden Baden is a good jumping off point to go into Germany, its doable in a day from the UK, I've used it many times and it's a nice Spa town and the B500 is on the doorstep. Strasbourg is also nice and not too far away from the German border at Kehl.

Traveling to Berlin, there is nothing really of note between there and the border to France, other than Stuttgart and Frankfurt, go the long way around and head further south if you want some other interesting roads, it gets a bit flatter in the North so you may as well just Autobahn it then.

Unless you have to go, I would skip Berlin, its not worth the road trip. if your going to Stuttgart , then keep going south to the Austrian border and follow east to Berchtesgaden and spend the time you would have spent in Berlin there. You will not regret it, I guarantee you will want to go again, and when you do give me a shout I'll go again tomorrow. The eagles nest is amazing and the roads are fantastic. However be warned, when on the A roads with speed limits, speed traps are a plenty with on the spot fines. and don't forget your fee for the Austrian autobahns. brilliant brilliant fun

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back