Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, new member and owner of a 996 C4S Speed Yellow

Someone got a steal of a deal on your old SY 911
Thanks lads, it sure is a brilliant and very unique C4S... Love it!! Will soon have the original GT3 Seats back in the car :)

I noticed from all the Press pictures my exhaust tips have been changed to the '8' shape. Prefer this look but again something that might have been altered when the 1st owner bought the car from Porsche.

I now have in my possession the EVO Magazines my car featured in :thumbs:
and boy does it look good in them! Robert, thank you for pointing this out! Made my week :)

Enjoy some more pictures 8)

Attachments

• fullsizerender_125.jpg
    fullsizerender_125.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 6,890
  • img_1873_158.jpg
    img_1873_158.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 6,890
Glad you've got the articles. I love old mag articles as they remind me of the excitement the cars brought before I owned one. Its easy to have your head turned by new ones...

I have the figure 8 style pipes on the back- they look a lot better after a good polish- try rubbing with petrol (really), Brillo pads and some Autosol to finish.

So, have you sourced some GT3 seats?

One thing- do you need to carry passengers in the rear seats... if so the fixed buckets will prevent access.

Was a brilliant article and feature for my Porker :) Step back in time reading them! I prefer the classic Porsches. However, I wouldn't mind a GT3 RS or Cayman GT4!!
I will try and research other magazines from that era which may have also featured my car. If anyone knows please get in touch.

Will give that a go and polish the tailpipes :thumb:

I have been offered a set, which are brilliant and perfect! Just need to save the cash for them... not cheap!! I will advertise my Sport Back Seats for sale, they are in A1 condition :)

Passangers in the back of a 911??? No chance :)

Yas.SYC4S said:
Passangers in the back of a 911??? No chance :)

Passengers, you're probably right, it's a very small space although my wife (5'9") has managed it by sitting across the seats. Bu what about luggage, it's hard to use the space without folding the seats.

Mike

PS, Lovely car!

Thanks Mike :)

Yeah the GT3 seats will make life a little difficult with putting luggage in the back! But what the hell, its a Porsche. The only luggage I will take is the misses in the passenger seat :floor:
Got other cars I can take if we need more 'space'.

Yas.SYC4S said:
Thanks Mike :)

Yeah the GT3 seats will make life a little difficult with putting luggage in the back! But what the hell, its a Porsche. The only luggage I will take is the misses in the passenger seat :floor:
Got other cars I can take if we need more 'space'.

Did you actually mean Misses in the plural? Kudos...!

Its been 4 months into ownership of my first Porsche, I have been one happy boy!! I love my Speed Yellow C4S (Bumblebee)! Its been an amazing time so far with some great Sunday drives! I can't wait for summer 2017!

I have done some work on the car in the past month;
1) Replaced a leaking Oil Solenoid
2) New Battery (Bosh S4 80A)
3) Coil Packs and Spark Plugs (getting that done tomorrow) :)

I then had two modifications;
1) I had to get Jack at Royal Steering Wheels to work his magic, and the newly trimmed steering wheel is awesome! Slightly thicker in alcantara with yellow stiching and band. Brilliant steering wheel and craftsmanship by Jack. :D

2) I had the rear lights wrapped to give a 'smoked' appearance. I wanted the 'Black and Yellow' look. The rear looks very aggressive. But can easily be reverted to OEM without any damage.

Next on the list is purchasing and fitting OEM GT3 Seats as it had a set when it left Stuttgart! :thumbs:

Here are some more pictures of my yellow porker!! Also our LSB E46 M3 (Papa Smurf) photobombing some of these :)
Enjoy

Attachments

• 37026_1485452014.jpg_134.jpg
    37026_1485452014.jpg_134.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 6,405
  • 7_196.jpg
    7_196.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 6,405
  • 4_182.jpg
    4_182.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 6,405
  • 8_103.jpg
    8_103.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 6,405
  • 5_619.jpg
    5_619.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 6,405
  • 1_623.jpg
    1_623.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 6,405
  • 2_385.jpg
    2_385.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 6,405
Looks even better in daylight after seeing it on boxing day! :thumb:

steering wheel is a massive improvement, really lifts the 996 cabin.

this thread has convinced me yellow is THE definitive colour for a '6 4S :lol:

Thanks Guys :)

Its something special owning a Speed Yellow C4S! Very rare and given this Porker history and spec... a one off example!
I totally agree, yellow is my fav colour on a Porsche hence why I searched and found my dream C4S.

The steering wheel looks and feels awesome. Royal Steering Wheels are great, highly recommend them! transforms the cabin and matches my alcantara headlining too :)

Your last post just answered all my steering wheel questions :grin:

Looks great mate!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back