Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collected my 997.1 GT3 today!

Roro

Liking the way the cars looking with the gold wheels, big improvement on the red and then blue stripes :thumb:

To finish it off you need some side decals like the 4.0 but with gold and matt black colouring.

Cheers dude, but after the red and then blue stripes.... I swore .. never again!! I've gone off stripes and prefer the clean look. For the time being anyway :grin:

Always amazes me how different a car can look just changing the wheels....
That looks the nuts, I like it...... a lot 👍

:thumb:

I agree, wheels can definitely make or break a car's looks!

Every time I look at these pics I can't help but think the wheels look bigger than 19", even though they are exact OEM fitment. Must be because I've had invisible black wheels for such a long time....

I'm wondering what to do with the old wheels & tyres, might keep them a while and sell if turns out I'm just not using them :?:

Keep em for at least one season, you might start to miss them after a while :thumb:

Keep them. You will definitely get the back to std itch at some point.

Roro said:
Must be because I've had invisible black wheels for such a long time....

They suit the car well and your statement above is something I've tried to understand with the trend of black wheels, you may as well have black plastic hub caps on a car as you can't tell what they are anyway, lighter coloured wheels look sooooo much better and make any colour car look better.

seconded superb.

am thinking of changing the gloss black wheels on my 6.2 GT3 from black to a light gold or light anthracite this year maybe.

still like the black and suits with red but change always good ;-)

Roro said:
Big thank you to Nick R @ Uber9s for the bedding in masterclass on the RS29's

Can you share? Just bought some RS29s for my 997 C2S for track day use, be good to get any tips on bedding in...

Loved reading this post by the way! I will own a GT3 one day!! :)

Looking good Roro :thumb:

Def keep the standard wheels for the future (or for slicks 8))

Stuart said:
Mikee Quickstep said:
Roro said:
Big thank you to Nick R @ Uber9s for the bedding in masterclass on the RS29's

Can you share? Just bought some RS29s for my 997 C2S for track day use, be good to get any tips on bedding in...

Loved reading this post by the way! I will own a GT3 one day!! :)

https://uber9s.com/Pagid_bedding_in_procedure.pdf

:thumb:

I'm a little confused... guidance says:

" MOUNTING NEW PADS ON USED DISCS (rotors)
We do not recommend using discs, which are pre-bedded, or have been used with friction material other than PAGID....

and then..

"If possible, pads should be bedded on used but NOT worn out brake discs"

I'm switching from OEM pads to RS29s. My rotors aren't too bad so probably don't need replacing just yet, but do I bed my pads in on my current rotors or should I look to change rotors at the same time I change my discs?"

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back