Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

N0 to N1 P-Zeros on a 991.1

weejimmy

Just replaced the full set on my 2015 MY 991.1 C4S. The fronts had done 21K (originals). It was my second set of rears with the first pair replaced previously at 12K. Both F&R had between 2.5-3.0mm left on them so as always I was racked with self doubt I was wasting good tyre life - until they rolled out the new ones which had huge tread depth.

Initial driving impressions are Wow! Just WOW! :thumb:

The car is like new. The ride feels fabulous with an extra level of pliancy and the steering feels lovely and 'oily' with an extra level of feedback. The 'driving of acorns' effect at low speed has gone from horrific to almost non existent!

Of course, new tyres always feel amazing but I think the move from N0's to N1's is contributing too. I don't recall the car feeling like new again when I replaced the original N0 rears with the second set.

A lot of comment has been made about the 991.2 riding and steering better than the 991.1 something confirmed my mates back to backing mine with a friends 991.2. But I am now wondering if it has as much to do with the tyres as any chassis revisions? Who knows ... either way I am chuffed! Wish I'd got rid of the old ones sooner now!

The other rather lovely bonus is that the N1 rears have HUGE rim protection. About 1.5 cm! My old N0 rears had none which always looked weird as the N0 fronts had about 1cm which made them look like unmatched tyres. Which they weren't!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back