Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black 996 Gt3 Manthey @ 911v: anyone know this car?

harryk

I've been watching this car for a while now, anybody know about it?

Was curious as to why it hasn't sold, any theories? My guess was due to the modifications, but perhaps I'm missing something...

harryk said:

Was curious as to why it hasn't sold, any theories? My guess was due to the modifications, but perhaps I'm missing something...

One of the more learned GT boys will answer properly, but I think it was Slippydiff's car off PH. Try calling Fearnsport in the new year, they will almost certainly know the car.

DynoMike said:
harryk said:

One of the more learned GT boys will answer properly, but I think it was Slippydiff's car off PH. Try calling Fearnsport in the new year, they will almost certainly know the car.

Yes, this was Slippy's old car. Modded cars are more difficult to sell also, so a double whammy. The fact that it's a (well modified) Comfort converted to Clubsport spec may also be counting against it.

There are no stories with the car, it's just been used. It'll shift come spring I'm sure.

NXI20 said:
DynoMike said:
harryk said:

Yes, this was Slippy's old car. Spoke to Tom about it the other week & he theorised that the mileage was putting people off. Modded cars are more difficult to sell also, so a double whammy. The fact that it's a (well modified) Comfort converted to Clubsport spec may also be counting against it.

There are no stories with the car, it's just been used. It'll shift come spring I'm sure.

£68k is what's putting people off. Many would love something like this. A useable, lovely, nicely modded GT3 but its not really an investor car, its a driver. All the better for it but..

price is always the key

I know Henry spent a good deal on a refresh before he sold it - I seem to remember the buyer was the MD of Meguiar's UK . It's done very little mileage since he sold it so it will want for nothing when the new owner buys it. I suspect that's why it is priced as it is, but dealer prices are only a starting point for negotiations :D

Nothing wrong with a little Manthey.. :thumb:

I know the owner before last if anyone wants to speak to him, PM me. (he now lives in OZ)

Out of all the Pork I've owned, this car along with Gav's old 996 GT2 were the two best.
As someone correctly pointed out, it's drivers car, not a polishers cars. As Nick said, some key items were refurbished prior to my selling it,

Refurbed wheels (Prestige at Woburn Sands)
New PS Cups
New Front and rear Alcons.
Seats reconolised by Leathercare Renovations Warrington.

Has :

Manthey Billet gearshift (forget the rest, this IS the best) seriously.
Mk2 six pot front calipers
Manthey KW's
Cup rear toe links
Clubsport lightweight flywheel package (less than 2k miles)
Genuine Clubsport rear cage.
Original panel with no stories.
Manthey K400 conversion.

It is a stunning car to drive (and was even better with the Ohlins dampers)

Buy it, enjoy it, it's a cracker.

And yes, I think Tom and Co are possibly leaning a bit heavily on their pen. The peak has passed (for the time being) it's £65k car tops (and possibly a bit less)

Nice write up Slippydiff. Can I ask why you went to KWs if the Ohlins were better? Was it just a 'compulsory' part of the K400 package???

What have you moved to now a 997 GT3/RS or something completely different?

I do think that it is a great shame that Porsche people are so staid and so OEM centric. ELA has that fabulous RS project up for sale and he too is encountering problems selling despite everyones positive comments about the build initially. Like you say though perhaps yours is a little overpriced.

Pip

I bought the car from the PO with the Manthey KW's fitted, they were good, (far better than the OEM Bilsteins) but the Ohlins were were on another level altogether in terms of high (road) speed damping. But they weren't cheap and took several attempts with differing spring rates and valving, to get them perfect. It was a very worthwhile exercise, they transformed the car into something very special indeed.

They currently reside on another rather special 996 GT3 (they're on loan)

I'm currently "toyless" as I'm 3/4 of the way through a new house build. I hope to be back behind the wheel of something from Stuttgart in the not too distant future.

I've owned a couple of Gen 1 997 GT3's, and whilst they're fantastic cars, I found them a bit too composed and efficient for my liking, in short I prefer the older car.

Car now has deposit taken. The power of the forum! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back