Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior smell

effy

I have a smell that's appeared today in the interior of my car, I can only describe it as similar to TCP, it's not very pleasant as I hate TCP, it reminds me of very old people!! Can anyone give me any idea what it could be or where it's coming from?

Not sure of that particular smell .. unless its an air freshener but things that might cause it ..

The a/c needs a clean .. that smells more like vomit though.

Coolant leak from the matrix .. almost never leaks so would be suprised if it was that but smell the coolant and see if its the same smell .

Freon leak ( a/c gass ) , again very rare to have a leak here .. check a/c to make sure no low gass noises and it still works .

Only similar smells ive come across are from cars owned by a Dentist !

I'm sure I noticed it more when I put auto climate on this morning? I have checked for any leaks on garage floor but there's nothing, it's going into Porsche Colchester soon for a major, so if the smell continues I'll mention it.

You wont see a leak from the a/c unless its some of the oil / dye and that is not normally much and so wont end up on the floor .

I think its possibly either a leak which will soon go as theres limited gas or it needs a clean with an a/c bomb .

More than likely it needs a clean .. dont think ive ever herd of an a/c evapourator leaking .

Cheers for your help mate :thumb:

Mine had that `vomit` smell from when I picked it up from the OPC, but it didn`t register with me immediately (excitement :roll: )

Once I got it home I had my detailer guy put a `bomb` in it and so for .... 2 months later ..... it`s still fine.

effy, you been taking any old people for days out recently :floor: if you do you need to hose them down first.

It might be coolant that has a sweet smell but not really a TCP smell. if you think its coming when the ac is on then maybe try looking at filters :thumb:

Our old sky box was kicking out a TCP smell once and that was burnt capacitors inside it. Stank the entire living room out over night. I had to take it apart and solder in new capacitors to fix it.

Cheers for the replies guys, yeah I'll have to hose anyone down over 70 before I give them a lift :thumb:

What ever it is kicking up a smell, electrical or mechanical, I'll let porsche sort it :thumb:

rabbitstew said:
Our old sky box was kicking out a TCP smell once and that was burnt capacitors inside it. Stank the entire living room out over night. I had to take it apart and solder in new capacitors to fix it.

Really :eek:

Ive learnt something new :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back