Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Preparing to sell my turbo, what would you do?

My black turbo has same wheels, same rear
Lights and same gen 2 wheels. Great Minds hey

I like the mods, nice and subtle :thumb:

I don't think you will have any trouble selling it as is or returned to standard, but you will probably get a little more for it in standard form. To maximise the value you get back, just sell the parts on here or ebay, you will have no trouble getting rid of them.

As everyone else (nearly) has said, return it to stock. A lot of people at this price point will want a porsche warranty and the car to pass the 111 point check etc. They will get very nervous about any mods.

Of course once they have had the car a few months they will probably forget that and start modding it anyway, but when your talking of the sort of loot these cars are costing then people want to feel reassured and warm inside.

I'm currently looking for a Turbo, and to be completely honest, because I'm new to 911's, I'd steer clear of anything other than what's available standard.
I'm also very against using any parts which whilst might be official Porsche parts, but that does not belong to that car, i.e. the Wing and the Smile. I just wouldn't want to have that conversation once I'd bought it, where I'm having to explain why it's got various other model hints.

You've done the perfect thing which is enjoy the vehicle how you want, which involves changing things, but you've kept the originals. Well done.

The very first Porsche I went to look at years ago was a hotchpotch of allsorts of parts, so much so, the seller couldn't even tell me which model it began life as, so I quickly left!

I've just been to view a car this weekend gone, and even though it's not got any aftermarket parts on, because the wheels have been refurbed so poorly, I've just written it off. If they don't care enough to get the simple things right, what else have they ignored...

What I'm getting at is that it only takes a little sour taste to put someone off, especially if it's a purchase of significance, which cars at this value would regularly be I imagine. So put it back to standard, sell the parts on to others on here, I'm sure it'll cause you less headaches, and put more notes in your pocket, however temporarily they stay there!

v8fettler said:
I'm currently looking for a Turbo, and to be completely honest, because I'm new to 911's, I'd steer clear of anything other than what's available standard.
I'm also very against using any parts which whilst might be official Porsche parts, but that does not belong to that car, i.e. the Wing and the Smile. I just wouldn't want to have that conversation once I'd bought it, where I'm having to explain why it's got various other model hints.

You've done the perfect thing which is enjoy the vehicle how you want, which involves changing things, but you've kept the originals. Well done.

The very first Porsche I went to look at years ago was a hotchpotch of allsorts of parts, so much so, the seller couldn't even tell me which model it began life as, so I quickly left!

I've just been to view a car this weekend gone, and even though it's not got any aftermarket parts on, because the wheels have been refurbed so poorly, I've just written it off. If they don't care enough to get the simple things right, what else have they ignored...

What I'm getting at is that it only takes a little sour taste to put someone off, especially if it's a purchase of significance, which cars at this value would regularly be I imagine. So put it back to standard, sell the parts on to others on here, I'm sure it'll cause you less headaches, and put more notes in your pocket, however temporarily they stay there!

LOL - Its a 993 for you surely ??

To the OP you will have trouble reversing the smile grill, but you have the basis of a very easy car to sell.

Just a few nuts and bolts (and a bumper) and it will be back and appealing to socks and sandals.

Are the wheels OE it might be the pictures but yours don't look as concave on the rears as mine ?

Boba fett said:
v8fettler said:
To the OP you will have trouble reversing the smile grill, but you have the basis of a very easy car to sell.

Just a few nuts and bolts (and a bumper) and it will be back and appealing to socks and sandals.

Are the wheels OE it might be the pictures but yours don't look as concave on the rears as mine ?

I think a second hand front pu is approx £250 and £200 to paint and fit, when the time comes I will get this done along with reversing all of the other mods. Good spot, the wheels aren't OE, I like the look so put on a set of replicas which, contrary to what people say I can't feel any difference in how the car feels, I don't however drive it on the ragged edge as I am not a good enough driver to do so, the original wheels were taken off, 2 were refurbed before being put into storage.
I think a black on black 997.1 turbo coupe with a manual box should attract some attention given the lack of cars of this type on the market in the spring, hopefully.

You will sell that car in a heart beat, especially around about March/April.

I've finally got round to selling the car (I'll list it next week), I've reversed all the mods with the exception of the smile grill, the rear spoiler has been refurbished as the rams were leaking which I'm told is a common fault (£1000 I didn't plan on spending) it has however come back from the garage with a tpms error which will be recitified on Wednesday, I suppose my question is how much do the collective feel I should list it at? It has 75k miles on it now, tyres, brakes and clutch all done relatively recently (mileage wise), what are your thoughts guys?

Cheers

What's the figure you had in mind ?
Taking the mods off will have little difference IMO

Private sale, less than fifty.
The nearer forty two you get, the quicker it will sell.
The price will be on a sliding scale
That is inversionally proportional to the the number of "innit"s you are about to hear.
I'd recommend buying a cheap payg mobile for the ad.
What's the lowest you'll take mate?
Are you intrested in a Mfree that is totally wicked ?
I need to let my man look at it Bruv, I'll be back in an half an hour

Nice house mate.
Any chance of a coffee?

Etcetc

Give it to someone SOR

Jason Taylor said:
.... I suppose my question is how much do the collective feel I should list it at? It has 75k miles on it now, tyres, brakes and clutch all done relatively recently (mileage wise), what are your thoughts guys?

I'd start at £47,500.

GLWTS

Boba fett said:
Got to be £50k :thumb:

I'm waiting for v8fettler's valuation given the car has been 'messed about with' :roll:

Bad luck on the spoiler rams as I believe there is a cheaper fix available. However spending the full price on the fix will stand you in good stead with the socks and sandals brigade :thumb:

Cood luck with the sale chum.

Zingari said:
Boba fett said:
Got to be £50k :thumb:

I'm waiting for v8fettler's valuation given the car has been 'messed about with' :roll:

Bad luck on the spoiler rams as I believe there is a cheaper fix available. However spending the full price on the fix will stand you in good stead with the socks and sandals brigade :thumb:

Cood luck with the sale chum.

I do not doubt it will make on or around £50k but thats madness when you consider how easy it is to spend £10k + on routine odds and sods on one of these quite easily over a 12 month period. Thats not bad compared to what you might have to spend on say a well used 599 or F355 etc.

GLWTS :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back