Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Preparing to sell my turbo, what would you do?

Jason Taylor

I've decided to sell my turbo in the spring which I've had for 4 years now, over the time I've done some subtle mods, however I can also appreciate that they may not to be everyone's taste, as I'm wanting to achieve the best price I'm thinking it may be prudent to return it to stock (I've kept all the original parts) and sell these separately.
I've always struggled to upload pics, I've copied a link below which shows the car with the mods in the one time I managed.
I'm really looking for advice as to the best way to present the car and achieve the best return.
Anyone who may be interested send me a pm and I'll provide more info.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=114168&highlight=

Cheers

Jason

Hi Jason, looking at your car I think the only thing that might 'bother' people is the non standard spoiler. The wheels look smart and only someone who's being picky might not like them but if you kept the standard ones then you can offer to swap them.
As for everything else I think it looks really subtle, not like it's crashed through a Halfords parts dept!!
Is it a manual?

easternjets said:
Hi Jason, looking at your car I think the only thing that might 'bother' people is the non standard spoiler. The wheels look smart and only someone who's being picky might not like them but if you kept the standard ones then you can offer to swap them.
As for everything else I think it looks really subtle, not like it's crashed through a Halfords parts dept!!
Is it a manual?
Thanks, the spoiler is a turbo aero spoiler which Design911 have re-manufactured to the same spec as the original, it was at the time significantly cheaper than the Porsche one, with no difference in terms of performance and look, I couldn't justify the additional cost to have the Porsche stamp on it, yes the car is a manual.

Hi Jason,

How many miles does it have and does it have a full service history?
I think to get the best possible price I would return it to stock and sell the mods separately. Hope that helps and good luck with the sale :)

My two cents would put the OEM rear lamps back in and offer the parts to the buyer of the car. If they don't take them offer them up for sale afterwards

easternjets said:
Is it a manual?

I agree nice mods the only contention is the rear spoiler do you still have the original ?if so I would just give any buyer which one they prefer and sell on the other one :thumb:

People are very cautious of cars with modification in this brand. Your mods are very subtle and look stock but I'd agree better for it to be stock. You'll increase the interest. Just one of those things.

I'd sell t as is simply to save time stripping everything off and then having the hassle of selling the parts. Maybe others have their beady eyes on your kit :wink:

I think there will be a long line of people happy to buy it as is. If you don't get the money you want then strip it and repost.

Incidentally, what are you going to replace it with?

Bonners1 said:
I'd sell t as is simply to save time stripping everything off and then having the hassle of selling the parts. Maybe others have their beady eyes on your kit :wink:

I think there will be a long line of people happy to buy it as is. If you don't get the money you want then strip it and repost.

The fact is selling a stock car will appeal to more potential buyers than a modified one. Now if he finds a buyer as is and he's happy with the offer then yeah go ahead. But ultimately if he sells it as is, he won't get any more for it than selling it stock (unless there's someone out there who wants to do the exact same mods to it). But if he returns it to stock he'll be able to sell the parts he added to make some extra cash.

I doubt anyone on here is trying to get him to strip there car just do they can buy some parts from him.

isysman said:
The fact is selling a stock car will appeal to more potential buyers than a modified one. Now if he finds a buyer as is and he's happy with the offer then yeah go ahead. But ultimately if he sells it as is, he won't get any more for it than selling it stock (unless there's someone out there who wants to do the exact same mods to it). But if he returns it to stock he'll be able to sell the parts he added to make some extra cash.

Yeah +1 on that... plus if he were to trade it in, a dealer would prefer a stock car rather than one that's been modified with non OEM parts.

If you want greatest price then returning to stock will appeal to a larger audience. It really is worth the effort removing the mods.

i am sure your mod parts will get snapped up and return good money also.

Some buyers can be fussy and indecisive. Dont give em a choice , this aint the pick n mix sweet counter

Keep it simple. Prep car, place ad, viewings, sell.

Good luck with the sale

apollokre1d said:
Incidentally, what are you going to replace it with?
Not really planning on replacing the car, it's always been a bit of a Sunday car, I have a Range Rover vogue which I got in April which Im enjoying driving , I have two daughters who both want to go university so I'll put the money from the sale to work to fund them in part.
Seems the way forward is to return to stock! Bit more work but the whole point is to maximise return.

Did you keep the original Turbo spoiler, if you had the item fitted yourself i'm assuming you would have kept it?
It won't take long to replace that item.
Same with the wheels, although they wouldn't put me off especially if they are genuine ones.
The painted bits I wouldn't change as they are subtle and enhance the car.
Mind you being a black,manual it will go in a heart beat.

ok I`m outvoted so first dibs on the aero splitter :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back