Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Porscha 964 Project 2017

Yes - very keen to hear of any progress also :thumb:

964 project

Not sure if it will help you but I have a pair of excellent c2 front hubs if you don't already have them fir your C2 project. They have just come off my car after brake upgrade? Pm me with contact details if of interest by I know these may be difficult to source these days?
Boydyrs

3.8??? Costs Plus used Piston and Crankshaft Help!!!

Happy New Year all!

Apologies, been mad busy with family, work, usual non Porsche related stuff.
Progress has been slow, will post up some of the parts i've been sourcing later this week.

Roger Harradine built some of his custom carbon rear arch liners for me that were delivered last week. Unit 11 now have the engine and have taken it apart...

Engine Updates
- Crack in the crankshaft
- Barrels are all oval and not in a good shape
- Couple of the con rods are damaged beyond repair
- Burning oil at a mad rate

:frustrated:

Just touched base with Johnny@Unit Eleven who is working on the engine. His quote of 'Its probably the worst condition 964 engine he has come across', is ringing a bell in my ear....

i guess after 17* owners in 26 years i can't be surprised! Still i feel confident its in good hands. Hoping the good Docter can pull this through....

thanks for the tip

ras62 said:
A very important point K. Insist that both the front wings are removed and treated down the seams. Don't let the car go for paint etc in the state shown in the pictures.

Thanks for the tip, wings will be removed!
Door straps are gone as well so these need to be welded back while the wings are off.

RE Colour - i've gone for Maritime Blue (nod to Jaap) :grin:

I was looking at the engine today when you called John. Its certainly a sorry state, remarkable it was running to be honest. There are lots of options of course but costs mount quickly when so much internal and external needs replacing. As you say, its in very good hands.

ras62 said:
I was looking at the engine today when you called John. Its certainly a sorry state, remarkable it was running to be honest. There are lots of options of course but costs mount quickly when so much internal and external needs replacing. As you say, its in very good hands.

Next time you are there, pics please...
:thumbs:

Photos from Robert

Engine close to a complete failure

1 cracked valve spring retainer cap.

Destroyed bearing from no 6

Good rod with no build up

Damaged rod with metal dent in the join

(Thanks for the photos Rob)

Ouch, that's godda hurt!
I don't think I've ever seen one quite that lunched, and still running :what:
Good luck with the rebuild. At least you'll know it will be perfect in the end :thumb:

Unlucky with the engine, are you able to source a good used crank as new ones are a huge price! £3400
Great project you've got there, look forward to seeing it evolving as I'm planning on doing similar myself, keep the pics coming.
And you've chosen the best colour IMO
Maritime blue really suits the 964

Bit (or rather biting) the bullet...

- 993 RS Barrels & Pistons
- 3.6 to 3.8
- New Conrods, crank and camshafts
- Lots of new tinware
- Larger fuel injectors
- Rennline cam covers and carbon bling parts
- more to follow...

Brian @Jasmine, make this better than the red one!!! :thumbs:
:bow:

Nice one, it'll be better than new then, and at least you'll have the peace of mind that it'll be good for a long time to come.
Are you getting a set of slightly hotter cams to compliment the extra displacement?

More updates all...

Thanks to @Roger Harradine for making me a set of custom carbon rear arch liners. No more dirt and muck being kicked into the rear bumper and between the light clusters.:thumbs:

Refurbished RS Steering wheel.

Becker & JBL.

1x front wheel to match the other i have.

I have a set of front 968 CS wheels in the same style as above if anyone interested, PM me...

Keen to watch progress, best of luck with this one.

Looking forward to updates , going to truly stunning when finished :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back