Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strut brace advice - Rennline, Porsche, perfect power?

phelix said:
http://ruf-automobile.de/en/product/ruf-domstreben-kit-2/ ??

thanks for the link - I'd had trouble finding this - 327 euro (inc tax), plus postage and import. does this one fit under carpet like the perfect power ?

anyone got a recent price on the "real" porsche one and is it as well made as the ruf item ?

wilsonny said:
thanks for the link - I'd had trouble finding this - 327 euro (inc tax), plus postage and import. does this one fit under carpet like the perfect power ?

anyone got a recent price on the "real" porsche one and is it as well made as the ruf item ?

If you order before March 2019 there will be no import charges to pay. :)

phelix said:
wilsonny said:

...after which, the inaffordability of a strut brace is going to be the least of our problems.

Tobesetc said:
phelix said:
wilsonny said:

...after which, the inaffordability of a strut brace is going to be the least of our problems.

I'm getting so used to the idea of paying for everything in or out that i was obviously getting ahead of myself there :D

I ordered the R64 500 335 02 strut brace direct from Ruf just before Christmas - the shipping charge via UPS was 19 euro with no import charges to pay. From order to on the doorstep was about five days :)

MilSub said:
I ordered the R64 500 335 02 strut brace direct from Ruf just before Christmas - the shipping charge via UPS was 19 euro with no import charges to pay. From order to on the doorstep was about five days :)

sounds a good option...does it fit under the carpet as nicely as the perfect power one ? (they look very similar)

As far as I know the Ruf and the Perfect Power strut brace are identical .. mine fits nicely under the boot carpet with no modifications to the carpet, you would never know it's there ..

Do it .. :grin:

To me the RUF does not look identical to the pefect power one (maybe there are different versions). The PP one is virtually a staight bar, where the RUF bar has a rise at both ends.

I have no idea why most bars seem to be raised above the fixing point - unless it is to clear something related to the fuel tank, but if that is the case, how come teh PP one is not raised?

Attachments

• pp_strut_170.png
    pp_strut_170.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 5,339
pietrzj said:
To me the RUF does not look identical to the pefect power one (maybe there are different versions). The PP one is virtually a staight bar, where the RUF bar has a rise at both ends.

I have no idea why most bars seem to be raised above the fixing point - unless it is to clear something related to the fuel tank, but if that is the case, how come teh PP one is not raised?

Some speculation on my part - bars designed for continental cars might be slightly different than bars designed for UK or North American cars because the larger fuel tank was only an option for continental LHD cars?

(The larger tank doesn't fit RHD cars and was not type approved for North American cars.)

pietrzj said:
Perfect power postage is $150 so thats now ruled out :(

Group buy...?

pietrzj said:

I arranged pick up for much less.

dommorton said:
pietrzj said:

I arranged pick up for much less.

Same. Domestic shipping was about $15 and I happened to be over there to bring back. Do you know somebody going to the US? You could have it sent to their hotel...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back