Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin PS Cup 2: Any difference between N spec and non N?

so is it posible to buy N rated cup 2's in 996 GT3 sizes?

as i cant see them n listed anywhere in those sizes. just non N rated ones. i doubt it makes any difference anyway.

rich

The first 991RS I had was shod with the Dunlops, and first up I was a little
bit disappointed that the car hadn't come with Cup 2's. The dry grip was right
up with anything Michelin, but the issue I had was keeping the tyres at a fairly
constant temperature....that was a bit of a nightmare.
I spent a bit of time researching them and in dry tests they were 'quicker'
than the Cup 2's...but there's no way that they'd wear as well !.

8)

FunkyGT3 said:
so is it posible to buy N rated cup 2's in 996 GT3 sizes?

as i cant see them n listed anywhere in those sizes. just non N rated ones. i doubt it makes any difference anyway.

Unless something has changed since I last checked : nope. N ratings in 997 and later fitments only (I don't believe there are any plans for that to change either). No reason to be concerned about non-N though - plenty of people running the 996 GT3 size perfectly happily.

My experience of N rates in Pirelli & Michelin flavor is similar to the OP's original post, I find them to be softer than non-N rated tyres

Combined track / road tyre wise, another vote for Yoko AD08R

Gents thought I'd revive this thread rather than start a new one

My Cup 2's are 6 years old now and so have started looking at what to go for next

Are Cup 2's still the daddy or are there any newer alternatives worth considering?

PS I still haven't mastered the art of buying 'new' tyres online. Judging by the dates on this thread, what I thought were new tyres when I bought them must have already a couple of years old

:thumb:

Cup2 Connect is supposed to be a improved compound.

Cheers Uncle Nick. Do you happen to know anyone with stock? Can't seem to find this tyre. Even the Michelin website links through to Kwikfit and ATS but Kwikfit only stock standard Cup 2 (not Connect). ATS don't seem to stock either Cup 2 or Cup 2 Connect

Roro said:
Cheers Uncle Nick. Do you happen to know anyone with stock? Can't seem to find this tyre. Even the Michelin website links through to Kwikfit and ATS but Kwikfit only stock standard Cup 2 (not Connect). ATS don't seem to stock either Cup 2 or Cup 2 Connect

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/tyr...t-Cup-2-Connect/245-35-ZR19--93Y--XL/R-379531

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/tyr...-Cup-2-Connect/305-30-ZR19--102Y--XL/R-379523

Both are in stock. Go 245 on the front for better grip :thumb:

Nice one :thumbs:

Yes been running 245's on the front since Mr. Franklin recommended years ago

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back