Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 original leather comfort spec seats

Hi, my car came with the original seats after the previous owner changed them for the factory nomex buckets....

Two questions, what would they be worth if I sold them?

And do you think I should sell them, or keep them for if I ever sell the car?

Thanks for the advice

To be entirely honest - in your position I would just keep them. They have gotten ridiculously rare in the used market and new-old-stock from Teille (the only source I am aware of) prices them at over Eur 2400 per chair. If you ever at any point find yourself wanting a pair again you will seriously be kicking yourself. If storage is a problem, buy yourself 4 grand or less worth of early Boxster, bolt them in that, SORN it and they don't have to be in the house... :?:

Or get some castor bases and convert them into office chairs perhaps?

Thanks, I think it maybe would be best to keep them, however, I don't envisage selling the car for a long time. TBH, I cant imagine anyone who brought it would prefer these seats over the Nomex buckets, but I guess it's all about preserving the originality. Certainly, I will keep very carefully all my old dampers , exhaust etc when I change them, just for that reason.

On the other hand, if the right offer came along...! Thanks for the advice !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back