Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Durametric, PST2, PIWIS type code/fault reader (£15-£30)

Just as an update, v5.1.4 runs fine on Win10 with native USB drivers (ie no need/don't install Durametric USD drivers)

Hi GT4

I have read all this but I get dyslexic when reading about computers and software in particular .

As a soon to be new owner of a 997.1 what's the best option for a £100 ish .

I have old lap tops running XP pro, Vista and Windows 10 but it would be easier if one of the hand help units worked.

Is there an option that will read engine ECU, PSM/ABS and PASM ?

Thanks

Note: V5.1.4 is up to 2008

So won't work so well on newer (although that is not to say it won't, it just can't know of features added after the release date!)

That £15 cable seems to work fine (tested today on a 997), just remember, it is the Durametric software that defines the functionality.

(post ver5 are locked down and apparently not easily cloneable on the cable front)

Whats the best version for a Gen2 997, and do you have the links for the software/cable as the old links in the thread are dead.

Thanks in advance.

The Durametric software is free (as they assume you have paid exhorbitantly for the Durametric leads, which these are clones of).

This may be controversial but as someone who pays for diagnostic software I actually think Durametric is a bit of a bargain as all future updates are free. I'm not knocking anybody but having seen results of clone diagnostic gear it's sometimes cheaper to pay for it.

GT4 said:
Note: V5.1.4 is up to 2008

So won't work so well on newer (although that is not to say it won't, it just can't know of features added after the release date!)

That £15 cable seems to work fine (tested today on a 997), just remember, it is the Durametric software that defines the functionality.

(post ver5 are locked down and apparently not easily cloneable on the cable front)

Do anyone know whether there are significant changes since v5.1.4 for older models (996)?
thanks
Mike

Les said:
Whats the best version for a Gen2 997, and do you have the links for the software/cable as the old links in the thread are dead.

Thanks in advance.

Info about the gen 2 cars would be useful, where are we up to with software to reset the service light etc?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a decent cable? Looks like the two original links are no longer options. Hopefully something from the UK as I'd want it for next weekend.

I'm looking for something which can let me read ABS/PSM related codes on a 2002 996 C4 as I have an intermittent ASB/PSM failure warning on the dash.

Thanks in advance.

Functionality of clones

I'm looking to use a Durametric function to switch on cooling fans as part of a flashing coolant light diagnosis
My 966 Gt3 gets a flashing coolant light during track days and I don't know if it's the old coolant sensor being fooled by the g-forces or a failure of the engine purge fan
As the Durametric can switch the fan on, this functionality would help.
Do you have to go down the Durametric route to get this type of functionality or can a clone unit do this stuff?
Can guess the answer !!!
Cheers, Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back