Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman/Boxster/911/TTRS/C63 thoughts

Fish19700

Hi All

I currently have a 987 3.4s Boxster, sport edition. Prior to that it was a heavily modified Gen 1 Cayman S. Both same engines, and both highly enjoyable drives. I am experiencing a bit of an itch in terms of more power/practicality (extra seats for a small one) and routes to that are 911 997s or something like a TTRS (340bhp) or Amg C63.

I'd very much appreciate any thoughts/experiences you have in terms of the potential vehicles listed, and indeed, any I have missed.

Being that this is now my 4th Porsche, as I find them just so driveable, I am worried about making the wrong choice, should I sell. Of course, I would test drive before a purchase.

I presume I'd be correct in assuming my Boxster is probably going to sell for more once the weather perks ups?

Thanks all...

Not sure the Boxster would fetch more necessarily in Spring, but certainly more buyers about.

Would you buy new/current model Merc/Audi?

Given what you say, I reckon a 997.2 would be the thing... you are clearly a Porsche man and you would miss having one. Its not the best family car to be frank as space is a bit tight, particularly for luggage, but its doable.

One car that does interest me strangely is an Audi RS5. A bit more practical than the TT and fantastic engine/box, beautifully made, good value used IMO.

M5 :dont know:

Depends how "practical" you want to get. There are "performance" cars out their for any configuration of car, some more of a compromise to a pure sports car than others.

to me you have to experience a true ///M and AMG engine at least once and usually the time to do that is when there are family considerations :wink:

you can come back to porsche at any time, they'll still be selling them you know

Obvious choice you've missed out is an M3.
Drove an E93 M3 (convertible one) back to back with my 997.2 2S on a track recently and it held up very well.

Don't get the latest gen F80/82 though, I find them boring and soulless.

C63/TT RS - thoughts?

Does anyone here have real world experience with the C63/TT RS (previous gen's)? Handling, economy, and with the AMG, transmission vs manual, LSD or not, Performance Pack etc..

Cheers all!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back