Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Targa 4S Lead Times

Thanks Laserblue, I was just very very lucky to be in the right place to jump on this when it came up. Pedantic issues I know, but would have a specced the Spyder style 20" rims and the more hugging sports seats rather than 18 way non sports. As I say, hardly show stoppers. In every other way it is simply superb - roof down on Boxing Day for a blast.

Well...news from the OPC in Guildford....The next slots will be May/June if any become available.....(based on a deposit taken 14 November 2016).

Had a look at the DVLA New Registrations data and if this information is to be believed, I can see what I am up against, which will be further aggravated by Porsche launching the Targa GTS model. I am looking at a long wait, me thinks....

Attachments

• capture_929.jpg
    capture_929.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 6,167
Lasrblueexige said:
Well...news from the OPC in Guildford....The next slots will be May/June if any become available.....(based on a deposit taken 14 November 2016).

Had a look at the DVLA New Registrations data and if this information is to be believed, I can see what I am up against, which will be further aggravated by Porsche launching the Targa GTS model. I am looking at a long wait, me thinks....
Fingers crossed for you!
Look forward to seeing it in the area.
Give us a bit of drool/discussion material. I never tire of seeing Targa's.
What spec have you gone for?

Lasrblueexige said:

1 Targa 4S listed in 2016, could be mine!

My OPC told me these cars were very rare but I didn't think they'd be that rare!

Warburton62 said:
I struck lucky in September. Dealer staff car, 98% my dream spec. I also got a very nice chop in price for my 991.1 GTS, so cost to change was attractive.

Love every inch of the Targa and very impressed by the driveability of the 3.0l mated to 4WD/4WS for my personal driving circumstances. Fully appreciate and respect that that may not be the case for purists.

31685681752_855b2dc883_z.jpg

29970871211_5d53c0f3e4_z.jpg

29427450373_b329b811bd_z.jpg

What colour is that, is it Sapphire blue

sideways said:
Fingers crossed for you!

Sideways here is the spec.....

Saphire Blue Metallic
Black Convertible Top
Black Interior Leather
Park Assit Front and rear
Electric Mirrors
7 Speed Manual Transmission
Power Steering Plus
Sports Chrono + Mode Switch
Sports Exhaust
20" Carrera S Wheels
Wheel Centers Full Colour
Cruse Control
Automatic Dimming Mirrors
GT Sports Steering Wheel
Heated Multi-functional Steering Wheel
Adaptive Sports Seats 18 Way
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Smoking Package - only to cover the hole
Floor Mats
Passenger Footwell Storage Net - as it is free
Rev Counter Face in Black
Bose Surround Sound System

....got the Silverstone driving experience to look forward to this weekend but on a manual C4S as their T4S is a PDK...

sideways said:
Fingers crossed for you!

Saphire Blue Metallic
Black Convertible Top
Black Interior Leather
Electric Mirrors
Power Steering Plus
Sports Exhaust
20" Carrera S Wheels
Cruse Control
GT Sports Steering Wheel
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Floor Mats

....got the Silverstone driving experience to look forward to this weekend but on a manual C4S as their T4S is a PDK...

Yes Huw - Sapphire Blue. I was nearly seduced by Miami but it's just a little too way out there for me.

Lasrblueexige said:

Saphire Blue Metallic
Black Convertible Top
Black Interior Leather
Electric Mirrors
Power Steering Plus
Sports Exhaust
20" Carrera S Wheels
Cruse Control
GT Sports Steering Wheel
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Floor Mats

Fab spec @Lasrblueexige

Now a few months in, my only suggestion would be to seriously consider a rear wiper. I know it spoils the clean lines, but a couple of mornings/evenings this last month I would have killed for one. The heated RW glass is not very quick/efficient so de-icer spray on board vital if leaving out over night. Did you consider the RS Spyder wheels out of interest?

Warburton62 said:
Fab spec @Lasrblueexige

Now a few months in, my only suggestion would be to seriously consider a rear wiper. I know it spoils the clean lines, but a couple of mornings/evenings this last month I would have killed for one. The heated RW glass is not very quick/efficient so de-icer spray on board vital if leaving out over night. Did you consider the RS Spyder wheels out of interest?

Thx Warburton

I prefer the style of the RS Spyder Wheels... if I could have had them in bright silver then that's the way I would have gone.....unashamedly, like my bling :)

Will take your advice on the rear wiper....

Nooooooooooooo!!!!! Please, don't get a rear wiper. I've just done 8,000 miles through Autumn / Winter and literally not once have I ever wished i had a rear wiper.

Forward motion and the heater burns it away in no time at all.

Rear camera is the best solution if you are wanting to see behind for reverse manoeuvring etc.

6appeal said:
Nooooooooooooo!!!!! Please, don't get a rear wiper. I've just done 8,000 miles through Autumn / Winter and literally not once have I ever wished i had a rear wiper.

Rear camera is the best solution if you are wanting to see behind for reverse manoeuvring etc.

Yep, that also is my own view; no wiper but camera.
Six months into ownership, I've not missed a rear wiper.

VAP said:
6appeal said:

Another vote for no rear wiper, it spoils the look of the rear and isn't required

Kryton said:
VAP said:
6appeal said:

Another vote for no rear wiper, it spoils the look of the rear and isn't required

Totally agree about no rear wiper. Mine came with one and I've never used it in over a year. Rear camera would have been very useful though. I sometimes have to ask my passenger to help guide me into some of the pathological "pedestrian friendly" car parks around here, where it's impossible to see the raised kerb as I back in. The exhausts are pretty low and it's easy to scrape them on any raised paving.

Fortunately, I've never done that ... yet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back