Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A straight swop for mine

T8 said:
kurlykris said:
So you`ve only got the 2 cars between you then T8, I think I have found your problem :thumb:

You need another car :grin:

Another car !! Who do you think I am, mistercorn :?:

We've actually got 4 cars between us.

It's having 2 cars with 2+2 seats that's the problem. We both agree that having 3 like that would make no sense at all.

I resemble that comment!! I sold a car yesterday, so we will soon be down to 9 cars between us. I gave up trying any sensible justification some time ago. I want to, I can, so I do :)

MC

Shaoxter said:
Why does your wife not want to swap a GT86 for a Porsche? :?:

The only Porsches she likes are the 356 Cabriolet, the Panamera and the 997 Sports Classic.

When she bought the GT86 a 987 Cayman was a 'possible' alternative but the looks of the Toyota won through. That and the fact that it was 2 years newer.

kurlykris said:
T8 said:
kurlykris said:
But, my manbrain says 1x convertible, 1x coupe and 1x 4 seat saloon, + 1 other car is about right, per person :thumb: :

I got this wrong. Wish you had explained this earlier. I have :
996T with sunroof, so 2+2, (does this count as a convertible?)
996C2 without sunroof, so 2+2 (coupe?)
BMW 335d X Drive, (so 4x4?) with sunroof and estate
Smart Car (2 seater)

Also on the drive:
Peugeot 107
Renault Vel Satis
Nissan Note

Is that ok? Or do I need to get a Jaaaag?

PS - Terry, I was at Anglesey before Xmas in the 996T and when it was damp and slippy in the morning I was lapping at the same pace as a Jag like that with fancy yellow ceramic brakes, etc. Seemed a bit of a track regular.

Kept up with it in the afternoon session too, when the track was dry! Imagined it would be losing me, but i didn't. If anything, I was losing it. At least I overtook it and took half a lap out of it.

T8 said:
http://www.stratstone.com/search/vehicledetails/used-car-jaguar-f-type--automatic-petrol-red-coupe-hv14sbz/

If I could persuade the missus to part-ex her GT86 for a 997C2 or even a 981 Cayman I could possibly be tempted.

I've always loved the F-Type coupe and this colour combo is :worship:

Terry, I think you have made an error!!

Your link is to an F-Type that isn't a V8 - I understand that to buy such a vehicle could be considered a crime.

rpm said:
Terry, I think you have made an error!!

Your link is to an F-Type that isn't a V8 - I understand that to buy such a vehicle could be considered a crime.

:grin:

I've driven the V8 and it's an absolute monster. It was great fun and the noise is intoxicating but I couldn't live with one.

I see the V6'S' as the one that would suit me best although a drive in one might change my mind.

My heart is taken by the drop-dead gorgeous looks but in reality my head will persuade me to postpone serious looking until a similar car is available for c£25k by which time the GT86 will be up for replacement.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back