Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Meet the new Panamericayenne (9PAc)

CarreraMonkey said:
I don't get it.

Infact, I don't get that whole X6 class. What's the point of them? They're crap off road and not much better on road. Basically the same size as and SUV but without any of the practicality.

We had an X6 as a courtesy car whilst the X5 was being repaired. It drove exactly the same as the X5, so no real improvement in the driving experience and you don't get a boot.

That just seems stupid to me. :dont know:
+1, You lose a rear seat too.
And then you get those silly lowered X6s (usually black and all tinted out), ultimate pointlessness.

pothole said:
Or, according to Autocar, this is a mule for the Mission E electric car:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/porsche-mission-e-course-2020-launch

I probably wouldn't take any of the stories too seriously. Mostly made up, I think!

Incidentally, this thing is clearly a mule with bodged-up body work, so whatever it is, it's not indicative of the look of any production car.

Personally I think Autocar have got their wires crossed a bit.

That car might be being used as a mule for the Mission E but it doesn't look like a Panamera to me. It's a similar shape but too short.

Car Magazine ran pictures very similar to those in October 2016 to accompany an interview feature with Oliver Blume (the new Porsche chairman) in which he stated that a Cayenne Coupe is almost certainly the next Porsche to get the green light for production.

I reckon we'll see the Cayenne Coupe first and that it will become the basis for the long awaited Pajun (Panamera Junior) and the 929 (a 2 door successor to the 928).

bet it still only seats 4

I dont get the X6 genre either: however these boys know what they are doing...

Theyll sell everyone they can make

I was never going to buy a Porche "SUV" of any description and then I drove one...OK it doesnt replace a Sportscar but theyve done an outstanding job on the Macan etc, 2 tonnes that has not right to go around corners the way it does...

At least it has Porsche DNA and funds the Sportscar "limited editions" like GT4 and Spyder.

We are a broad church...live and let live

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back