Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold Looking for an e30 m3

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

M42

Hi guys, I'm looking for an e30 m3, if anyone has a nice car they're willing to part with, please get in touch. I'm looking for a standard car, ie. Not a evo etc.
thanks.

I've looked before and scared myself with the restoration pics from some E30s, horrendous issues on some. Would still love one :)

Over 20 years ago I was as in the market for an e30 M3 until I drove one !
Very flat engines that have to rev to oblivion to get going.
In the end I bought my first Delta integrale which was on another level from a driving experience point of view.
I know different rules apply as a classic car as they are rare as a collectible but in standard form for me it was desperately disappointing.
Achingly pretty though. :thumbs:

My mate has one with just 25k miles on it .

I drove it, and was a little disappointed. Given the hype, I put that down to me :grin:

Assume that they need to be ragged around a track to exploit the goodness :dont know:

Reminds me of a place I used to work. The cleaner had an e30 bmw, think it was a 318i initially. Over a period of months it slowly turned into an m3. Interior, wheels, brakes all around, all from an m3 ended upon his car. The engine started sounding a bit more pokey, then one day as he came out of the car park sideways with a dump valve going mental. I was like WTF!!!!

Anyway, I went and asked him what the f**k had he done. He`d fitted a 325 engine and then stuck the manifold & turbo from a 325d (i think it was) on it. He didnt realise the turbo diesels ran like 30psi or something, but he`d up`d the fueling so much to compensate he was only getting around 5mpg but totally immense performance. He also was blowing his head gasket once a fortnight.

All in all I was pretty impressed, the guy had no garage and was rebuilding his car on the street outside his house using bits he`d got from local scrap yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back