Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 CAT Driver Training

lol ...... well to a agree ...... I hope I am proved completely wrong come April ...... ;)

Interest in a Porsche CAT DT (Date to be confirmed - target June)
1. Cameron's wife Elisabeth
2. Sutton
3. SecondWind
4. Harryk

2. Sutton
3. SecondWind
4. Harryk
5. Dream911

Morning All & Happy New Year to you.

Thanks Cambjones for making contact and posting up to gauge interest in our car club Performance Driver 'Track' Day. I have got the calendar for the year together and can offer you Saturday 10th June.

Please post up if this date does work for you and you'd like to secure your place. Then give me a call me to give me your details and pay your deposit, or full amount. The overview on what you're signing up for is here. One change to note since you took your day Cambjones is that the end of day gymkhana is now in your own car as the circuit Caterham left the fleet.

Performance Driver 'Track' Day
An action-packed day run by CAT Driver Training Ltd at Millbrook Proving Ground.

CAT Driver Training is run by Colin and Jo Hoad. Colin used to work for a leading motor manufacturer in the UK as a Vehicle Evaluator and Driver Trainer and has gained extensive experience and qualifications in driver instruction. This includes being certificated to instruct at Millbrook. His life has been spent working with his passion: motor cars - from racing minis to the race preparation of performance cars. He has much experience of vehicles on both road and track and brings a very different approach to driver enjoyment.

The day is a fast moving experience for 6 owners and their cars to introduce the secrets of performance driving. It is designed to be informative, exciting and fun. The group size is purposefully kept small so that the maximum can be obtained from the day in a highly personalised environment.

There is access to the 5 unique circuits at the renowned Millbrook Proving Ground, a venue that is not normally accessible for 'track days' and the general public.

Activities designed for the different circuits are:
- Learn threshold braking from high speed on the Mile Straight
- High speed driving, potentially to the maximum of your car, on the banked circuit of the High Speed Circuit
- Drive the demanding Alpine Route circuit with its hills, and variety of corners from hairpins to long and sweeping
- Take on the tight, twisty and challenging Handling Circuit
- Put your car through its paces on the open spaces of the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron

An instructor will accompany you on all the circuits, and the objective is to teach you how to get the best from your car and develop your performance driving skills in a controlled environment and at a pace you are comfortable with.

Short presentations in vehicle dynamics will help you to understand the relationship between driver input and vehicle balance and control. From this comes the appreciation of how to safely drive your vehicle at grip limit within the controlled confines of a track environment.

At the end of the day, your new found skills can be put to the test in a timed shoot out around a gymkhana-style course laid out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron.

Included in the day are:
- Professional in car tuition
- Access to 5 unique circuits at Millbrook Proving Ground
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Timed end of day shoot out
- Full emergency services on hand all day
- 1 hour 40 minutes driving time with your personal instructor

Pricing is as follows:
3 participating members = £445 pp
4 participating members = £420 pp
6 participating members = £400 pp

Performance Driver 'Track' Day Schedule

08:30-09:15 Coffee, Introduction, Licence Check, Scrutineering, Safety Briefing & Objectives of the Day
09:30-09:35 Drive to Circuits
09:30-11:00 Mile Straight
11:00-11:50 High Speed Circuit
11:50-13:15 Handling Circuit
13:15-14:00 Lunch
14:00-15:00 Alpine Route
15:00-15:45 Understeer/Oversteer
15:45-16:45 Gymkhana timed Shoot Out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron
16:55 Presentation & Debrief
Any Questions
End

Timings & Circuit order may be subject to change on the day depending on circuit activity

Note on noise limits ... to quote me "there is no limit unless you are a Le Mans Prototype or an F1 car". If anyone thinks they can compete at that level on noise, be sure to mention it when booking!

A deposit of £200 is needed to secure your place, with the balance due 30 days prior to the training date. Methods can be bank transfer, cheque or debit and credit cards. The latter attract merchant fees of up to 2.25% of the value depending on the card type.

Note: this day is for a maximum of six people. Monies paid will be refunded if you/we are able to resell your place.

Please contact me by PM or email ([email protected]) for bank details or call me in the office on 01234 757633 to use your debit and credit card.

Thanks for reading :thumb:

KR
Jo

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for organising this. I've paid my deposit and look forward to meeting all of you on Sat 10 June.

2. Sutton
3. SecondWind
4. Harryk
5. Dream911
6. Tyinsky

If the last slot is available I'll have it thanks :thumb:

I'll get in contact with Jo and see what's next.. Thanks all.

When I want up we all stayed in a cheap little motel the night before.

I'll see if I can dig up which one it was.

Booked. :thumbs:

The motel we stayed at last time (Greens Hotel) has closed

The training track is here MK45 2JQ

Travelodge looks like it is closest for £45

Travelodge

I'm in - just spoke to Jo. It turns out that my wife (very generously) bought me a 1:1 day but no reason not to do both! :lol: :lol:

Thanks all so far for your deposits. Your places are secured for this group training date. Dream911 & Tyinsky, final two places are confirmed for you as soon as I have your details and deposits.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

KR
Jo

Saturday 10th June
1. Cameron's wife Elisabeth - Deposit Paid
2. Sutton - Deposit Paid
3. SecondWind - Deposit Paid
4. Harryk - Deposit Paid
5. Dream911
6. Tyinsky

Dream911 confirmed now, thanks for your deposit :thumb:

KR
Jo

Saturday 10th June
1. Cameron's wife Elisabeth - Deposit Paid
2. Sutton - Deposit Paid
3. SecondWind - Deposit Paid
4. Harryk - Deposit Paid
5. Dream911 - Deposit Paid
6. Tyinsky

tyinsky said:
2. Sutton
3. SecondWind
4. Harryk
5. Dream911
6. Tyinsky

If the last slot is available I'll have it thanks :thumb:

Hey Tyinsky

Are you still wanting to take this last place? Please confirm & make contact to get booked in. If not please also advise so the place can be offered out.

Thank you.
KR
Jo

If Tynsky were to drop out please let me know and I will take that place. Thanks, Tom

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back