Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911R v. 996/997 GT3

Waiting with interest to see what happens to the 991 marketplace when the gen 2's start filtering out. I'm with freddie. The R just doesn't sit too well with me.

If the next GT3 is manual 'optionable', then I don't think it's going to be long before 997 and 991.1 GT3 prices are more or less the same. This is all relative of course, but I wonder if the 991.1 GT3 will be seen as the runt of the litter long term

Hold on I've just realised something... which is obvious now that i think about it

The R only exists because the 991.1 GT3 was PDK

So ... maybe the manual GT3 won't be called a GT3... :?: maybe they'll call it a T or ST (they've already spat on the R name, may as well smudge the ST now)

What are the odds then that we'll get 2 new cars -

1. GT3 (PDK only) which will help protect previous marketing claims / BS about faster on track so GT3 has to be PDK and
2. ST (manual only 'GT3') which will be an R for the masses

... I'm probably over thinking all this, slow day in the office :grin:

PDK only on a 991.1 may soften the market if the 991.2 comes with a manual option, but as far as runt of the litter is concerned I'd say that's more likely to stem from their much publicised engine woes than a missing 3rd pedal... :dont know:

It'd be very interesting to see what proportion of 991.2 sales are manual versus PDK if it does indeed have the option...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back