Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anybody own a Porsche Panamera (specifically hybrid

MNC911

Hi everyone

Does anyone own a Porsche Panamera?

I'm going in this week to hopefully put down a signature on a Panamera. If you have any personal information as to what you're glad you've spec'd it with or wish you had that'll be great.

I'm going for the Hybrid version and contemplating whether to wait for the 2018 version as it's supposed to be far more advanced.

Is anybody already using a Hybrid version and actually sees the benefits.

Thank you in advance

Don't have ownership experience but very,very nearly bought a Cayenne Hybrid which has very similar tech to the latest Panamera (it does have a slightly better battery than the Cayenne). On the Cayenne I don't think the Hybrid makes sense because of pricing when compared to the Diesel S...that said on the Panamera the Hybrid is priced very agressively so I think it makes much more sense/ is compelling at £10k less than a 4S Diesel.

In terms of driving/economics....it really lends itself to shorter journeys....if your commute to work is say 20 miles and you can charge at home and work it starts to make a lot of sense. As you can run "all electric" for that range. If you're doing big miles without access to charging points it makes much less sense.

Of course if you can get the tax allowances back because you're self employed/have your own business the Hybrid it is even more compelling.

I had a Panamera 4S diesel as a loan car over Xmas.....absolutely stunning car. Salesman told me that they have sold their entire allocation of Hybrid and Petrol cars for 2017 already and this was the same for all the OPC's in their network (Sytner)...so you may be waiting until 2018 anyway.

I have just returned a Cayenne Hybrid which I had for a couple of days as my own car was in for some work.
If its through a company or there is a lot of short journeys it could make sense but otherwise the diesel is a much better choice.

I had a panamera diesel as a loan car last year - now that was a car, fast economical and had real style - well impressed :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back