Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Deposit Paid: Does anyone know this car? (06 C2S Gen 1)

The RAC warranty has paid out half a full hartech rebuild for me (£0000's).

I will reserve comment on the dealer.

That is a lovely looking specimen.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm nervously awaiting the results of the inspection tomorrow morning and hopefully will then arrange collection!

Interesting comments on the warranty, the car comes with an RAC warranty, but as far as I can tell third party warranties aren't usually worth the paper that they're written on. It's interesting to hear that an RAC warranty paid for half a Hartech rebuild. I'm very tempted to get an OPC warranty, but they seem expensive and if the inspection is good then I can't see that I would get much value out of the Porsche warranty. I am after all about to buy a 10 year old sports car which will require a high standard of routine maintenance and might occasionally go wrong! The temptation is to put the money aside into a rainy day fund and assume that eventually the engine and suspension (as with most high performance sports cars) will require a rebuild.

tom_nieto said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm nervously awaiting the results of the inspection tomorrow morning and hopefully will then arrange collection!

Interesting comments on the warranty, the car comes with an RAC warranty, but as far as I can tell third party warranties aren't usually worth the paper that they're written on. It's interesting to hear that an RAC warranty paid for half a Hartech rebuild. I'm very tempted to get an OPC warranty, but they seem expensive and if the inspection is good then I can't see that I would get much value out of the Porsche warranty. I am after all about to buy a 10 year old sports car which will require a high standard of routine maintenance and might occasionally go wrong! The temptation is to put the money aside into a rainy day fund and assume that eventually the engine and suspension (as with most high performance sports cars) will require a rebuild.

My experience of the RAC warranty has been excellent, but there are certainly many less than excellent reviews available online. I think the fact that Hartech were able to explain the issue in detail gave me an upper hand with the RAC appointed engineer. They basically agreed to pay what it would cost to get the engine repaired to a basic level at a bog standard outfit... Which ended up being half the price of a bells-and-whistles Hartech build. Given the upper limit on these warranties is £7.5k - I bit their arm off.

They responded to everything quickly. I'd say it was 2 weeks between Hartech giving them a call and the money being in my account.

But, I would be much more comfortable with an OPC warranty. I wasn't able to get a discount for removing the RAC warranty - so you might end up with a double warranty if you go down that route.

If you go for OPC warranty be aware the car has been sold by a dealer outside the OPC network and therefore you'll need a major service along with the 111-point inspection before they agree to put one on it.

You might then enter into a debate on what non-genuine parts are fitted and whether just those are excluded or the whole policy would be :what: Non N-Rated tyres are the usual first things OPC look at :roll:

Well, the inspection results are in... regrettably I'm going to have to buy the car! Clean bores, a few minor issues (solenoid cover oil leak and sump leaking from the seal) which the dealer is happy to sort out and I can collect on the 28th of Jan!

I can't actually believe I'm about to own a 911!

tom_nieto said:
Well, the inspection results are in... regrettably I'm going to have to buy the car! Clean bores, a few minor issues (solenoid cover oil leak and sump leaking from the seal) which the dealer is happy to sort out and I can collect on the 28th of Jan!

I can't actually believe I'm about to own a 911!

Congratulations, welcome to the club!

Fantastic news Tom. Glad all will be ready for you come collection time. Who did you use for PPI in the end?

Congrats tom looks like a lovely example!!

Zingari said:
If you go for OPC warranty be aware the car has been sold by a dealer outside the OPC network and therefore you'll need a major service along with the 111-point inspection before they agree to put one on it.

AND you'll have to wait 90 days before you can.

:thumbs: regarding the car.

Scholester said:
Fantastic news Tom. Glad all will be ready for you come collection time. Who did you use for PPI in the end?

I used Porsche Dynamics in the end. Seemed knowledgeable enough and did a bore inspection and a diagnosis is printout as well as spotting the minor issues with oil leakage. I guess only time will tell about how good they were!

I finally realised my dream to own a 911 on Saturday!

The car that I have is a May 2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet in Midnight Blue. It has 2 former keepers and has done 28,500 miles. Full service history with independents. I had it inspected by a company called Porsche Dynamics who also looked at all 6 bores - all clear with no signs of oil on the pistons. A couple of minor oil leaks from the sump gasket and solenoid cover were repaired with a fresh oil change too.

Options:
Blue leather 16 way heated sports seats
Sports Exhaust
Short Shifter
HomeLink
PCM with Bose and Sat Nav

Overall I'm over the moon. It is beautiful to drive and for its age I think it's in very good condition.

Pics (will have better ones soon once the weather improves)

Dirty!

Paint comes up nicely for its age. Spent a good few hours polishing and waxing on Sunday with the inevitable discovery of lots of little marks which would be imperceptible to the normal eye.

Dealer Photos:

To do list:

Trip to Centre Gravity for their expert eye on the suspension.
Scope out the local independent garages, Zuffenhaus and PCT sound like good options.
Investigate options for replacing PCM

Got a decent drive this weekend (in the rain :eek: ) but I have to remember to use the car as well as just polish it!

Congratulations!

Same colour and almost the same spec as mine except mines a coupe!

It was not the colour I wanted originally but has really grown on me. Great satisfaction and results when you give it a really good wash and wax!

Enjoy the car, nothing out there better for the money in my opinion!

:thumb: :thumb:

I miss that colour combo from my 4S, consider the console lid group buy, big improvement! Enjoy!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back