Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

Disco said:
NLW73 said:
are you going to do the carbon mirrors and put a cage in the back as all the OEM RS seem to have those?

The number that don't have the cage is actually more than you would think (and it wasn't even available in some markets, such as the USA {for type approval reasons no porkers have them over there from the factory - even GT3 RSs - and everyone who wants one has to retrofit}), so its absence in a replica really isn't that much of a big deal.

Yeah I read about that somewhere. Crazy that they have to remove the roll cage and then have another one fitted after they receive it. So it's not illegal to have one in the car but it's illegal to sell a car with in.

nice one on the mirrors. looking great and missed that one.

i think a cage would be awesome and the final touch really. stiffen it up a bit too. good luck with all that.

once you get a cage in and stiffen the shell up you could fit a sunroof ?
:floor:

surely a cage adds rigidity as well as being a safety addition?

always has on my track cars of old.

NLW73 said:
surely a cage adds rigidity as well as being a safety addition?

always has on my track cars of old.

I'm sure it would add rigidity. Looks like I might be heading over to the US this year so I'm sure I'll be looking whilst out there.

Did a short update video last night. Meant to put it out before I left the UK but never got around to it. Very short, just brings me up to date. Highlights an interesting problem that was found at Tech9 with my airbox.

So given that you are almost at the end of this journey, have you got another one lined up in your mind or are you done for a while?
Looks amazing.

Looks utterly amazing! Fair play fella :thumbs:

I'm sure it's covered in the thread I'm just too lazy to look. What mods have you done to the engine? Is it up to GT2RS circa 620 bhp?

FZP said:
So given that you are almost at the end of this journey, have you got another one lined up in your mind or are you done for a while?
Looks amazing.

I think I'll always be tinkering with it but the major stuff is almost complete. Bodywork is completely finished now. Suspension should be getting done next time I'm home. Been talking with Tractive about a lift system they are developing for their coilover kit so waiting for a release date.

I'm planning a rear cage and seats to be recovered. After that possibly the 9e treatment.

As for something new, I'm thinking about it, possibly a classic car. I'd love an old 911 but prices are stupid now.

isysman - I notice you're in Cheshire. Do you attend any of the Cars & Coffee events - would be keen to see it! Looks incredible.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back