Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

garage flooring from costco

Hi

I put this down in my motorbike shed and it's OK as just need a single width.
I would be a little worried on joins in a garage. It also expands and contracts with the heat. Porsche exhaust would def do this to it. It's ok but not brill.

In contrast I fitted mototile tiles in the garage and I have to say ther are awesome.

I always have people saying they are really good and better then there interlocking tiles. Give them a google.

Get what you pay for I'm afraid with this.

If you do go for tiles then stick to darker colours as you don't see any dirt on them the same.

S A Watt said:
Hi

I put this down in my motorbike shed and it's OK as just need a single width.
I would be a little worried on joins in a garage. It also expands and contracts with the heat. Porsche exhaust would def do this to it. It's ok but not brill.

In contrast I fitted mototile tiles in the garage and I have to say ther are awesome.

I always have people saying they are really good and better then there interlocking tiles. Give them a google.

Get what you pay for I'm afraid with this.

If you do go for tiles then stick to darker colours as you don't see any dirt on them the same.

S.A. - got a linky m8...?? :thumb:

Osh

Hi Osh

www.mototile.com

They are spot on.

They go to some shows like goodwood.

They also send you a sample to check out and colours.

I have the electric blue and dark gray laid in a checker board style
:thumb:

You can also take a look at these;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381586294382?

I recently did my garage with them, very good quality and service, very happy. They also run an auction for 25 sqm, I won 2 auctions and paid about £180 for 50 sqm :)

Attachments

• img_20161203_113112559_432.jpg
    img_20161203_113112559_432.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8,735
thanks all. ok, think I'll start clear of the cost co stuff as it is a double width garage so would require 2 rolls. Just a bit strapped for cash having renovated the whole house and strangely the missus doesntsee the garage floor as priority.

I'm liking the sound of that auction as I need about 25 metres sq.

Since the rules are not solid are they ok with heavy loads with a small surface area like trolley kacka or even ladders?

thanks

believe it or not I was sober when I wrote that. should be 'tiles' and 'jack'!

Hi Steff,

Obviously I leave the car on my floor and the tiles have not deformed in any way. I have not used a jack yet, but I do plan to and do not anticipate any problems. Ladders would be absolutely fine.

Give them a call if you have any concerns / questions, or you can buy a sample tile for under £5

I bought the interlocking tiles from Barkley Plastics/Plas Floor. I did a double garage and got a bit creative using two different colours with yellow edging. They were a doddle to put down and my garage looks great with them down, it's certainly reduced the cold that used to come through and you can walk on them in your bare feet. They are VERY hard wearing, I jack the car up etc etc and they just need a quick brush or a wipe over.
They were reasonable at about £500 for the whole floor and it took 700 tiles to cover the lot.
Search Plas Floor and they have a really good calculator on their site to work out your exact floor plan.
Here's a pic of mine.

Possibly a strange question, but why tiles? I'll be sorting my garage floor this summer and I'm planning to just paint with good quality vinyl or whatever it is (still need to research properly). Tiles sound like more of a headache to lay and then maintain :?:

Roro I've used paint and it's okay but you get no insulation from the paint and it does start to lift after a while.
The tiles on the other hand are laid in less time that it will take you to prep and paint the floor and have good insulation properties and also keep the inevitable dust down. The only maintenance is a brush every so often plus they are very very hard wearing and if you do somehow manage to damage one, you just pry it up and fit a new one, simple.

thanks. I've looked at plasfloor before and to be honest they are my favourite. just a shame they don't have a sale on!

From my research they were about the cheapest and they were great to deal with, stuff turned up on a pallette and I had most of the floor down in two hours!
I'm really pleased with the result and especially the lack of cold striking through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back