Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shameless plug bargain

wilpert

Indianapolis
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a new BMW x drive, due to change if circumstances, this means I will be trading the boxster s pdk in for 45 k.

I can guarantee it's a steal but I need the money, the beemer is a great deal and I can't wait until summer, so see my ad here and if you want a car thats at least 5 k under priced then get in touch asap.

That's a decent trade bid...they must be good profit in the BMW
- similar cars avaible from Porsche centres for sub £5k more
Have you seen if you can do better price on the BMW without a PX ?

They are some ridiculous BMW lease deals about ...I've just got the wife a x3 m sport for less than £8 a day (including deposit)

Not arrived yet....but was ordered week before xmas.....dealership will be in for some grief if they can't deliver :judge:

its a big chunk of wedge to kiss goodbye to wilpert, in 7 months, whats the rationale?

Palladium said:
its a big chunk of wedge to kiss goodbye to wilpert, in 7 months, whats the rationale?

rationale is:

Moving house and will be increasing annual mileage from circa 12k to probably 18k or a bit more.
Morning commute will be on a roads, only 15 miles each way but I drive around all day at work too.
I need a few quid, which the deal will release for me.
The Beemer is heavily discounted - Pre registered with BMW, no miles on clock 66 plate, high spec and 12k off list price @ 36k

Ive kinda told myself that what I lose on the Boxster S I gain on the BMW?
Plus I will save a tad on fuel too.

I would have gone for a lease deal but i cant take out any finance this side of a house move or the mortgage lender could pull the offer - I have seen this happen to my bro in law.

Hope this doesnt hurt the eyes too much but here it is (I can have for 36k)

http://www.sytner.co.uk/car-search/...-x-drive-m-sport-2dr-auto-professional-media/

I know from previous posts you have been agonising over your change of circumstances and seems like you have found a solution that fits you. +1 for the 4 series, I have a 420d as a DD and like the fact it drives and feels like a coupe but I can throw my bike and kit in the back.
Good luck!

Monkeynutz said:
I know from previous posts you have been agonising over your change of circumstances and seems like you have found a solution that fits you. +1 for the 4 series, I have a 420d as a DD and like the fact it drives and feels like a coupe but I can throw my bike and kit in the back.
Good luck!

I was going for a cabrio but thought that Id prefer the coupe, as the cab is a lot heavier and a tad slower.

I too sometimes cart a bike around, does the 420 cope well with a bike, if the wheels are removed, does it all fit in the boot without folding seats down etc?

FWIW I used to get my time trial bike and all my kit into my little audi tt but i had to do a bit of a contortionist act to manage it.

I even used to do it with my 996 cab but i had to have the roof down to make it work.

wilpert said:
Monkeynutz said:
Good luck!

I was going for a cabrio but thought that Id prefer the coupe, as the cab is a lot heavier and a tad slower.

I too sometimes cart a bike around, does the 420 cope well with a bike, if the wheels are removed, does it all fit in the boot without folding seats down etc?

FWIW I used to get my time trial bike and all my kit into my little audi tt but i had to do a bit of a contortionist act to manage it.

I even used to do it with my 996 cab but i had to have the roof down to make it work.

Sorry wilpert I was being a moron in my reply, too much time gazing at Porsche on Youtube! I have a Gran Coupe not the coupe and thought that was what you had in the link, not sure why now I look at it again...

Anyway, still a very nice car and a great spec! I sometimes wish I had optioned XDrive but I don't think it was compatible with the adaptive sports suspension or some pointless obsession I had over ride height at the time .I definitely wished I had gone for the bigger engine though. I am not a big fan of the new cabrios with the hard top. I had an e46 318Ci M Sport and thought it was one of the last great looking convertibles but the novelty of having a cabrio had worn off and the lure of the new 4 series was too great ;)

I honestly can't recall if my road bike fit in the coupe without the seats down (I don't think it did) but I do remember it being a bit of a faff having to remove a wheel and loosen the bars. My bikes are a bit big though. In the GC I can put 2 bikes in with the front wheels off no bother.

This month's Evo extols the virtues of the 981 in their section on the last of the n/a cars. Hopefully someone will snap this up soon as i think that is quite a good price for a very, very nice car :thumb:

ok, wilpert, I get it now, I thought you were lobbing in the boxster and lashing out even more, but the bmw is 37500 as opposed to the boxster at 45000, its a beautiful car that bmw, I have always been a fan,

There is no point in people kidding themselves, if you want to drive superb cars, you will pay one way or the other, in either depreciation or maintenance, but as you say, you are getting better mpg, so that's a credit towards the debit. :thumb:

Thanks for the support peeps, I have to say I'm procrastinating quite hard on this one. I'm already an old worry guts and what with the impending house move and the associated upheaval, then I had a rental flat come empty the wrong time that needs a total refurb, that and a big tax bill has caught me off guard. I'm a complacent sod at times and I never really fix the roof while the sun shines if you know what I mean.

If I can sueeze a few quid from somewhere else then I will but it doesn't look likely.

The beemer can be mine for 36k but I'm holding off for a few days to see what happens in case I get lucky and find a rich auntie. In which case the boxster can stay for a while.

Have you thought of simply spending a lot lot less on your daily hack?

I test drove a current model Ford Fiesta recently and it was a truly excellent little car that was a hoot to drive. Likewise, the current 1 series BMW is very nice indeed. Or indeed a Mazda MX5? That way you could pocket even more dough! A 986 Boxster would save you even more again👍

Yes, I had considered a cheaper daily hack but I'm a bit nervous in case I end up with a car I hate and then end up having to do it all again. Unless I go proper cheap aka mini one 5k and sit it out for a few months

mini, i really want one, i am a big bloke, but i just fancy one, they always seem in such good nick, i think they started at 51 plate, 2001.

i am seeing masses at between 1200 and 1500 quid.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back