Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aftermarket wheels - whats the general consensus?

NXI20 said:
And this is what they look like if they get a big enough hit :sad:

Though to add context, in that case : hard enough was adequate to break half of the suspension, move the bumper hangers over an inch to the right at both ends, tear the metal in the inner wings and bend the entire chassis - it wasn't just the conspicuous bodywork damage... :paperbag:

[I remain stunned that whoever bought the wreck managed to get in back on the road at all, let alone in less than 9 months]

Disco said:
NXI20 said:
And this is what they look like if they get a big enough hit :sad:

Though to add context, in that case : hard enough was adequate to break half of the suspension, move the bumper hangers over an inch to the right at both ends, tear the metal in the inner wings and bend the entire chassis - it wasn't just the conspicuous bodywork damage... :paperbag:

[I remain stunned that whoever bought the wreck managed to get in back on the road at all, let alone in less than 9 months]

Yeah, for sure..I was pretty amazed to hear that someone had resurrected it.

Stuart said:
BBS, either monoblock or E88, and now the RT88. Monoblock in 996GT3 sizes are very hard to come by, unless you pay big money...

The OEM 996GT3 are a very nice wheel, just unbelievably heavy in todays standards.

I REALLY like those BBS wheels.........

Edit - I just spotted Stuarts thread with weights and supplier...my wallet may be taking a bashing imminently...... :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back