Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Spec for my new Carrera 4S

huwcymro

New Porsche Carrera 4S

I placed a deposit for this car 1st September, and it has now been confirmed it should be delivered end of March, Although I still do not have a built date. I will be really annoyed :x if it does not get delivered before the 1st April, regards the road tax increase. Presently, it is in a pre build stage, what ever that means.

I have just submitted the final spec, and have opted for the PDDC and the rear steering. Having listen to your views on this forum and also speaking to members of the 991 register during our drives and from my experience of th a Silverstone Porsche drive centre. I have also stuck to the white black colour combinations which i have had on my previous 3*991

Carrara White Metallic
Black leather interior
'PORSCHE' and '911' logo painted Exclusive
Black
Model designation on doors in black Exclusive
Bi-Xenon main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (front and rear)
Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof
Privacy glass (rear side windows and rear window) Exclusive
Headlight cleaning system covers painted in contrasting exterior colour Exclusive
Satin Black
Door handles painted in black (high-gloss) Exclusive
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Power steering Plus
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Rear-axle steering
Sport Chrono Package including mode switch
Sports exhaust system
20-inch Carrera S wheels
Wheels painted in satin black (complete) Exclusive
Cruise control
GT - Sport steering wheel
Sports seats Plus (4-way, electric)
Seat heating
Floor mats
Passenger footwell storage net
Rev counter dial face in black
Interior package leather (including door trim strip) Exclusive
Porsche Crest embossed on headrests Exclusive

I have not gone for the Bose sound system, as I do not appreciate the system presently fitted to my GTS.

Fantastic selection. I note the PDDC, personally I wouldn't have it without the -25mm option, but I like the firmer ride.

Have you had a 991 with Power Steering Plus before? Honestly, I would consider saving the money, I hated it on my first 991, (had it removed) and did not have it on any of my subsequent 911's as a result.

Tom

findtom said:
Fantastic selection. I note the PDDC, personally I wouldn't have it without the -25mm option, but I like the firmer ride.

Have you had a 991 with Power Steering Plus before? Honestly, I would consider saving the money, I hated it on my first 991, (had it removed) and did not have it on any of my subsequent 911's as a result.

Tom

The reason I have gone for the power steering plus is due to a tight parking space, i have had power steering before, and found it was easier to park for the Mrs.

In regards to the lower suspension, I would find the ride too firm. Thanks for your response.

findtom said:

Tom

A little known feature of Power Steering Plus is that when the various sensors detect the car has lost traction and has started to oversteer in a slide the PSP turns the wheel to help you correct the oversteer. I experienced this on the Kick Plate at the Porsche experience Centre, hands off the steering wheel and watched as the car corrected itself once the kick plate had fired it into a slide. This of course requires PSM to be switched on so if you want to indulge in power slides on track you can still do that by disabling PSM

+1 for Power Steering Plus. Had it on my last two cars. Had it fitted after three months on my 981 and it transformed the car. Had it from new on my 991.2 and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it out of the garage at home before I even get on the road.

Curious2 said:
+1 for Power Steering Plus. Had it on my last two cars. Had it fitted after three months on my 981 and it transformed the car. Had it from new on my 991.2 and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it out of the garage at home before I even get on the road.

+2 for Power Steering Plus :thumb:

Kryton said:
Curious2 said:

+2 for Power Steering Plus :thumb:

+3

I wouldn't have, but the one they had in the showroom which I bought did.
I like it.

Nice spec by the way :)

Hello,

Very nice specs indeed,

I agree regarding the BOSE, it is a real disappointment, can't get a nice sound no matter how i fiddle with the settings. I have had the Burmester on a previous Cayenne S and the difference is really monumental. My next car will sure have Burmester, worth every penny IMO.

On the power steering plus, can it be easily removed? I have it on my car and it doesn't strike me as being overtly light to steer the car up to the point that i suspect it was dropped from the specs by accident. I will re check.
My question is, can you feel a material difference with PSP or without?

Another question :D is your GTS a 991?
I ordered a power kit upgrade for my 991.1 4S and wanted a view if there is a significant difference between the GTS engine and the standard engine, and if the power kit would virtually provide the GTS experience?

Thanks in advance

Hmetwally said:
Hello,

Very nice specs indeed,

I agree regarding the BOSE, it is a real disappointment, can't get a nice sound no matter how i fiddle with the settings. I have had the Burmester on a previous Cayenne S and the difference is really monumental. My next car will sure have Burmester, worth every penny IMO.

On the power steering plus, can it be easily removed? I have it on my car and it doesn't strike me as being overtly light to steer the car up to the point that i suspect it was dropped from the specs by accident. I will re check.
My question is, can you feel a material difference with PSP or without?

Another question :D is your GTS a 991?
I ordered a power kit upgrade for my 991.1 4S and wanted a view if there is a significant difference between the GTS engine and the standard engine, and if the power kit would virtually provide the GTS experience?

Thanks in advance

Yes my GTS is a 991 all wheel drive
I do find it more responsive than my previous two 991S, but mostly the GTS has a louder exhaust tone with the PSE. This is something I will miss on the gen 2

Build.

Very similar build I have.
Configuring is not good for your brain, it frazzles it I'm sure.

The comments on the Bose and steering are interesting. I did not add the power steering plus, but was not aware of its benefits. The 4 wheel steering is good for slow manoeuvring.
The Bose was a punt, but was not sure.
still time to change these, the Bose were on my list to drop and sure the OEM will be enough if and when I need the radio.

Also deliberated a long time on the PDCC, and now PASM is standard. With being C4S I do feel it might have been overkill for me.
Be nice to hear any views on anyone with PDCC on 911.2 C4S :?:

Sounds awesome! I'm green with envy. :mrgreen:

A freind of mine has a 991.2 GTS, with quite a lot of exclusive touches. The cost soon adds up by the sounds of it!

I still cant get my head around the fact that porsche charge £200 for colour coding the headlight washer covers though. Bonkers.

You're going to love it so much.

8)

Re: Build.

Itstony said:

Not a .2 but I had PDCC on a 991.1S and wouldn't spec it again for normal road driving.

Re: Build.

Kryton said:
Itstony said:

Not a .2 but I had PDCC on a 991.1S and wouldn't spec it again for normal road driving.

Thanks for the opinion. So many people swear by it, even saying all cars should have it. maybe so, as it is reviewed by many as being a very clever piece of kit keeping the car in sync with the road.
I do drive a lot on winding roads and use traction control and never had it budge the slightest, but I take it to my limit which may well be a long way off the limit.
I will add i have lost my bottle in wet roads now, so never drive hard on them.
I am still of the opinion the PASM and 4w drive with TC should be ample.
It is not easy to find anyone that really knows from experience.

OP, would you consider upgrading your order from a 4S to a 4GTS, now that the GTS has been announced :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back