Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone still track their GT3?

They are great - such fun to drive. Lovely in this cold damp weather too, as the back end steps out nice and progressively...

Don't yet know what I will spend the GT3 cash on...... :?:

HOLD THE PHONE !....The white RS is scheduled for a run out on the RS
Oulton Park day, it's not hung up it's boots quite yet !. And Nick has not laid
up NXI20 yet either. Danny is still occasionally running his RS too...

...So in short, they are still being used ! :thumb:

One GT4 is enough!

My GT3 had it's last track outing at Goodwood. Wish I'd got it to Spa last year...

Roro said:
So another one bites the dust! Who's left then - Cunno, NXI, Colin, Lasource...

Mine is still on sabbatical for track time this year, but it isn't retired. Still regularly used as a road car though - I could never bring myself to SORN it and leave it neglected in the garage. With the temperatures at last low enough for Sottozeros I will finally be putting the winters on next week (with so much camber on the car and such soft sidewalls, they are pretty much as bad in mild weather as Cups are in the cold).

Roro said:
So another one bites the dust! Who's left then - Cunno, NXI, Colin, Lasource... I think a couple of others on the forum. Everyone else has migrated to GT4's or M3's...

Pics when you get the car please Nick!

Richyd - how come your GT4's so noisy, is exhaust OEM or something fruity? Sounds like you're bored of the GT3!

I sold my GT4 in December after circa 4.5k miles...so not everyone is going in that direction.

...should be at Silverstone in the morning (..or actually in about 8 hours!) so still going strong. I may even go hardcore and take an open cockpit car!

200 cell cats and a GT3 throttle body and plenum - best money ever spent, an extra 40 bhp, lots more torque, and a freer revving engine.

Other than that - standard exhaust.

Jens in Germany that did the work recons he's done 200 GT4's so far, with an order book going forward.....

Beauty of a 991S stock engine in detune format - Very tuneable for a NA engine.... :bandit:

Richyd said:
200 cell cats and a GT3 throttle body and plenum - best money ever spent, an extra 40 bhp, lots more torque, and a freer revving engine.

Other than that - standard exhaust.

Jens in Germany that did the work recons he's done 200 GT4's so far, with an order book going forward.....

Beauty of a 991S stock engine in detune format - Very tuneable for a NA engine.... :bandit:

Sounds like a great idea...when I've had the car for a bit I'll grab the info off
you !

Richyd said:
Just picking up this thread, which seems to have moved onto noise limits....

My GT4 is useless on UK tracks as it's too damn noisy! Black flagged at Goodwood and Brands. So, it's been out to Spa a few times instead!!

My 997.2 GT3 is fine noise-wise though.... drove it last week and my first impression was how quiet it is versus the GT4....

Ok, so that would be the 200 cell cats and GT3 throttle body I'm guessing then :grin:

Nope! Black flagged before work was done on the car. Only tracked it at Spa since the mods......

Well if anything I like your thinking. Hmm this car is too loud - ***** it, I may as well make it louder!

It's true 👍😳

I seem to have "over tracked" myself. So cant be blamed for not trying!!
Think we're just missing you Roro.. when is your next one?

Rich.. surprised you sold a GT3 clubbie for a GT4 but whatever you enjoy. I guess one feels quite a bit shinier out the box which is always nice :thumb:

Freddie - I didn't sell one for the other. They really are different cars. I just sold the clubbie because I didn't have time to use it and it was sitting there doing nothing. Young family, too many toys, not enough time..... may as well move it on so someone else can enjoy it. That was my reasoning anyway...

When I drove it around to JZM on Sat morning, I had to pull over and have a coffee to think it through - It really was a very hard car to sell... but I feel I owe it to my family to de-clutter car-wise a little...

The GT3 will be missed!

Recon I will be buying a higher mileage one soon - so I can drive it without considering it's value. Owning a very low miles mint 997.2 clubbie, really did take the fun out of driving the car....

I was at Brands on the December 17th and there were two GT3's there.

IMG_5843_zpsa5b6p7an.jpg

IMG_5842_zpsn1czsmwb.jpg

IMG_5846_zpss5ah3j3e.jpg

IMG_5841_zpsxtpgwbob.jpg

IMG_5840_zpsbflitahu.jpg

IMG_5839_zpsb25qdevt.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997