Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Love him or hate him, this 993 powered 964 is pretty awesome

There are bits I don't like but generally it looks great and fair play to him for building what makes him smile.

I love the colour and particularly the wheels .

That's a Drive Tribe video that some lowlife stole and put on YouTube.

Is a great video of a great car. Love the vents on the front wings.

madalaa said:
I enjoyed that ....... who was the second guy ....... I know him but cant remember his name ....... anyway it would have been nice if he changed gear a bit more ...... I did notice the odd puff of smoke on a couple of gear shifts when Magnus was driving and I guess if it rains he has the wipers stuffed in the gloves box with an adjustable spanner to hand ...... ;)

The engine sounded very nice ....... :)

http://www.evo.co.uk/authors/jethro-bovingdon

It's 964s that look and drive like that, and another trending in the most recent 99 on this forum, that get me all gooey about that model. Proper, stripped out, max powered vehicles that won't get mugged by a Corsa STD :floor: away from the lights and around the twisties. Side profile is sumptuous, rear lights wouldn't be my choice.

Bonners1 said:
It's 964s that look and drive like that, and another trending in the most recent 99 on this forum, that get me all gooey about that model. Proper, stripped out, max powered vehicles that won't get mugged by a Corsa STD :floor: away from the lights and around the twisties. Side profile is sumptuous, rear lights wouldn't be my choice.

I thought the lights look a bit max power from the 1990s tbh and would have taken an awful amount of work to flush in. I'm not a fan of 964 bumpers at all but he'd smoothed them by the look. The colour was sweet with the wheels, and then you just strip the interior and fit a half cage and competition seats :) easy peasy lol.

Although built for himself I'm sure as with most things there's a price on it :)

cableguy said:
I also have a ba$tardised e34 wagon with genuine Alpina bits and an M3 motor under the bonnet. It may not be for most but I enjoy it. ;)

C.

That sounds really cool!

I had an E46 B3S which was a lovely car, engine and suspension wonderful.

Puts clear side repeaters into perspective...

:floor:

The rear lights are common on 911 hot rods (as in pic) but he's definitely taken it to another level with blending them into the metalwork. ;)

C.

Attachments

• rl_153.jpg
    rl_153.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 7,946
tp81 said:
madalaa said:
I enjoyed that ....... who was the second guy ....... I know him but cant remember his name ....... anyway it would have been nice if he changed gear a bit more ...... I did notice the odd puff of smoke on a couple of gear shifts when Magnus was driving and I guess if it rains he has the wipers stuffed in the gloves box with an adjustable spanner to hand ...... ;)

The engine sounded very nice ....... :)

http://www.evo.co.uk/authors/jethro-bovingdon

Big fan of Jethro, along with Chris Harris probably the best motoring journalist out there. Here's an Evo piece he did with his thoughts on the (stock) 993 back in '06: http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/8051/porsche-911-carrera-2

What a thing of beauty and surely keep the 993 v 964 brigade happy at last. :grin:

Jet Jock said:
What a thing of beauty ama surely keep the 993 v 964 brigade happy at last. :grin:

the 993 brigade are already overjoyed at having a beautiful, powerful, generally oil leak free, modern suspension set up car as it is lol
:floor:

Always good to see stuff like this.

Of course we have our very own version of Magnus on here, in Chief.

The car was too slammed for my personal choice.

It's very hard to take the prettiest variant and make it better, and he hasn't. He has tailored it to his personal preference.

Love that car, its the small touches, that make it. The wheels are spot on, and the vented wings.

MikeRSR said:
Magnus Walker not looking quite so cool as he crashes into a transporter at the opening of a new Porsche dealership....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmpFRdi0ddo

lucky escape, the back slid out around that corner. That classic SL got pranged as well...

As for the outlaw style, its very mar-mite, not quite my cup of tea but i've always been understated!

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back