Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FRP is running in his new 9e 3.8 mega build

FRP

Hi all

Some of you will have noticed that i have not been at any meetings for a while....too long in fact. I now have a 3.8 monstor 996 with some custom Protomotive turbos, intercoolers, fuel system etc etc and a lot more besides. Collected the car on 29th December with a base tune

Just clocking up some gentle milage before a proper tune/map, the car is totally awsome and we still have a long way to go re the final tune but am super happy with the initial results....the potential to be very scarey indeed

9e, Ken and Adam as usual have been really great as has Tom and the rest of the Team, evn working over the Xmas break to get the car back to me!!!

The car will be an offical 9eXX when finished,,,,,it had better be lol!!! I know it will.

Anyways, to clock up some miles, i decided to drive toward the north and make a few stops. I arrived at OPC Sollihul at about 9.30 and went in to take some pictures. They really are a nice bunch in the Midlands, friendly and helpful, coffee offered, discounts given,,,a happy chap indeed. Showroom was excellent and had some motorsport focus art on the walls,,,,more than most OPCs i have been into.Terry Hobson the Manager very positive and helpful as was Maureen on reception. SOME BLOODY GREAT MOTORS TOO, Check out the customers RSR and a GT2RS for £337k,,,,Nice indeed

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/fariedrpoorsalehi/library/ for a few piccies of the OPC

Will be looking to clock up some miles and get a few runs in before the Dinksladen trip and be raring to go with a fully tuned/mapped car etc

Cant wait

:grin: :worship: :worship:
I've been awaiting this post Faried. Congrats on the car so far mate sounds awesome and I can't wait to see it. Making me a little jealous though I have to say

Tom

Still lots to do, miles to run and a load of finishing touches. By the time i have the final tune applied, it may even be feb / march and then i will need tyres etc,,,,endless totally endless

I really am happy with it and its potential. Did a third gear pull today and WOW

What the eta on your build, it must be painful waiting....oh but hold on you have a super van and an ATOM!!!

I just bought SHMBO a Clio eco 1.0 ... she loves it and as do i after a bone crunching day behind the wheel of the 911!!! Thought it was not started when i went to pick her up from the station thou. And the clutch, like a bag of feathers compared to pumping iron

Keep us posted on your progress

Subscribed FRP!!

This is going to be one very interesting year for the 996 turbo boys (are you listening rags? :grin: ), as you and Tom are going balls out..... :worship:

Looking forward to hearing much more about both of your cars over the coming months.

Mike

I think we went a little over on the budget :eek: :grin:

We had another car with these custom Xona Turbos that was running in when we started this build for Faried. IIRC Faried's goal was around 900hp or basically as he call it an animal for the road that would scare him.

Just when we thought we would be finished at the start of November, initial performance results came in from the other car, and they were around 35% more than we expected. Many conversations took place with turbo manufacturer, Todd Knighton and ourselves and we found that they flowed considerably more than what we were expecting. So we had to take a little time out and rethink a few things. We went back to the drawing board with the intake system and created a 90mm (yes 90mm ! ) full y-pipe system, changes to fuel system above what we expected and so on.

The net result should be around 1200hp and 0-300kph in 16 or so seconds with 60-130 in low 4s. We will need more time to get up there as the weather is just too cold at the moment. It has a base tune on and we are running at just wastegate (1.1 bar) and when the power comes in the car spins the tyres so it will be a few months before we get some numbers, but the other car is running 17 seconds at the moment and we have more boost to run on that.

When I get a moment, I will write some more detailed specs up and pics, but for example the 90mm y-pipe is unpainted at the moment until we get the car run in and run up to close to full boost in case we need to make some changes.

1.1 bar is scary enough already and we have not even woken the turbos up yet.

Enjoy the car Faried :thumb:

Ken

:stay:

:food: :food: :food: :food: :food: :food: :food: :food: :food: :food:

This sounds epic!

More piccies please m8 - and a video of this space ship taking off... :thumb:

Osh

Osh

Epic yes deffo indeed, but still running in and need a few maps / tunes applied as everything settles in and some finishing touches plus refinements

Still a few bits to go on too, just waiting on items accordingly, until these are complete, no 100% hard launches. Just get it moving and then go for it.

Needless to say piccies and videos will follow i due course,,,just need a good few weather days to get some data and apply the 9e magic dust !!!

I car is quick needless to say but a LOT more to come from it !!! CANT WAIT, I dont scare easy lol

Regards Faried

996ttalot said:
The net result should be around 1200hp and 0-300kph in 16 or so seconds with 60-130 in low 4s.

That is massively impressive, and all through a manual gearbox?

All very interesting, I look forward to hearing more about it.

MC

MisterCorn said:
All very interesting, I look forward to hearing more about it.

MC

:yeah:

Awesome reading, and more to come, I can't wait! :thumb:

:stay:

A few photos

See below some selective photos from the build.

Ken

Attachments

• img_5516_199.jpeg
    img_5516_199.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5517_974.jpeg
    img_5517_974.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5518_153.jpeg
    img_5518_153.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5520_103.jpeg
    img_5520_103.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5519_224.jpeg
    img_5519_224.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5522_196.jpeg
    img_5522_196.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5523_191.jpeg
    img_5523_191.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5524_150.jpeg
    img_5524_150.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5526_169.jpeg
    img_5526_169.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 9,866
  • img_5528_892.jpeg
    img_5528_892.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 9,866
The build could be pushed quite hard - these turbos are good to continue making power at 2bar and good for a lot more hp than already stated. I highly doubt we will run more than 1.6 bar, and even then only on occasions, 1.3 bar is plenty enough to scare most drivers.

The car is now RWD with PSM off. So control is down to the driver and conditions, so with conditions like now, the concept of running more than 1.1 bar is pointless - put your foot down in 3rd and it will break traction without trying.

Our ethos is never to push 100% (unless our own cars in development) - all our customer cars we run at about 80% to provide longevity but more importantly drive ability. We warrant the engine for 24 months even at this level of power.

The car has methanol injection as well fitted for higher boost applications. Also fitted fuel pressure gauge into the car, which was something we always wanted to do so we can see at anytime if there is a problem with flow, like one of the pumps not performing correctly which you might not notice until the engine lets go.

Car runs fenderwell intakes - it has to at this level to get the turbos to work properly - the stock intake just doesn't cut it when you get up in the higher hp level on a 996 Turbo - it has a neutral effect on intake temps, especially since we are running 6x14inch intercoolers to stop the intercoolers becoming a bottleneck - no such joy of being able to run gt2rs or similar sized intercoolers in this situation - you just cannot get the flow out quick enough. And anyway at upper levels of boost, methanol can be switched on which eliminates any intake temp issues.

In terms of what left to do...well still a fair bit over the coming months including diff, driveshafts, gearbox etc. We will need to make a decision on the gearbox because it will rip 3rd gear apart at some point, so we will probably find a time slot to build that. At the moment, it just needs miles.
Top speed will be 213-214gps, but that might change based on what Faried decides when we do the gearbox.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back