Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Targa 4S Lead Times

Porsche are no different to any other dealer... there is never a guarantee and your deposit does not guarantee you a build slot; even if you paid full payment 100% for the car up front, that still won't get you a build slot. Simply have to wait the turn and the many variables. Easily expect a minimum 3 month lead period and being realistic you could have up to circa 10 month lead.

When I first enquired I was advised circa 3 to 4 months... in the end, it was 6 months lead period.

Well worth the wait!

I placed my order in May for a Turbo S and picked it up yesterday. Worth every minute of the wait. Hang in there!

Targas old and new are way up there with my favourite 911's. Lovely lines.

I was told by my OPC that they'd got a very low allocation of cars for Q1 across all "sports cars" i.e. 911, Boxster and Cayman. This was mentioned in psssing when I was checking on the arrival of my new Cayenne. Last time I was in there I was ogling a 991.1 Targa and was told new one's were very,very hard to get slots for.

Kind of confirms similar to what you heard OP. I was shocked at their allocation for Q1 almost non-existent!

Am liking the targa, but don't want 4wd... would be great if they did a rwd only, nice to order for 2018. ;)

6appeal said:
Am liking the targa, but don't want 4wd... would be great if they did a rwd only, nice to order for 2018. ;)

Yes they do offer a 2wd but with 380bhp (I think) and not the 420 like mine

huwcymro said:
I have had my CS4 gen 2 coupe on order since begining of September, I still do not have a build date but was promised at the time it will be ready for March. I have also not submitted my final spec.

I'd be chasing up the OPC if I was you....they will know their allocation of build slots for Q1 by now.

Cheib said:
huwcymro said:
I have had my CS4 gen 2 coupe on order since begining of September, I still do not have a build date but was promised at the time it will be ready for March. I have also not submitted my final spec.

I'd be chasing up the OPC if I was you....they will know their allocation of build slots for Q1 by now.

I have just been informed now I have been allocated a car, and I have just submitted my spec. I guess I will have to wait now for the built date

Kryton said:
6appeal said:

Unfortunately none on the Porsche website, only 4wd, £90k for Targa 4, £100k for Targa 4S. £9k extra for Targa over Carrera... so same as the Cab.

6appeal said:
Kryton said:
6appeal said:

Unfortunately none on the Porsche website, only 4wd, £90k for Targa 4, £100k for Targa 4S. £9k extra for Targa over Carrera... so same as the Cab.

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a 991 2wd Targa - just the 4 and the 4S.

T8 said:
6appeal said:
Kryton said:
6appeal said:

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a 991 2wd Targa - just the 4 and the 4S.

Yes you're correct (my bad) but they have 370bhp also

I struck lucky in September. Dealer staff car, 98% my dream spec. I also got a very nice chop in price for my 991.1 GTS, so cost to change was attractive.

Love every inch of the Targa and very impressed by the driveability of the 3.0l mated to 4WD/4WS for my personal driving circumstances. Fully appreciate and respect that that may not be the case for purists.

31685681752_855b2dc883_z.jpg

29970871211_5d53c0f3e4_z.jpg

29427450373_b329b811bd_z.jpg

Gorgeous car!

Thanks for all your replies....if everyone else has to wait for them then it makes me feel somewhat better.....

Did pop in to Guildford OPC and saw a Red T4S in the show room on a PDK with virtually the same spec as my order....must have made a very lovely Xmas present for some one and just reconfirmed how, I just have to have one of these cars even if it means waiting.

aaarrrrhhhh that is so unfair.....enjoy it just looks stunning.....and in the colour I want....:floor:

Warburton62 said:
I struck lucky in September. Dealer staff car, 98% my dream spec. I also got a very nice chop in price for my 991.1 GTS, so cost to change was attractive.

Love every inch of the Targa and very impressed by the driveability of the 3.0l mated to 4WD/4WS for my personal driving circumstances. Fully appreciate and respect that that may not be the case for purists.

31685681752_855b2dc883_z.jpg

29970871211_5d53c0f3e4_z.jpg

29427450373_b329b811bd_z.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back