Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 (991.2) central console backlighting question

VAP

Daft question, but should the buttons in the central console ie the ones round the gear stick (sports exhaust, auto stop/start, rear spoiler etc) as well as the buttons for the PCM ie tuner, media, phone, nav etc be backlit at night time?

The switches on the both doors for the windows are backlit.

Certainly on my BMW, every single button is backlit at nighttime.

Yup, all backlit

Attachments

• console_114.jpg
    console_114.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4,894
Yes, backlit on my 991.1 and on a loan Cayenne I had out a short while ago.

Thanks folks.
I have just found out that the button that resets the milage as well as adjusts the lights inside also regulates the button backlights.
Incidentally, I was fiddling with that a few days earlier and it was after that I noticed the lack of lights.
What threw me was that when I went by my OPC in between posting my query and your answers, I was categorically told that those buttons were not backlit.
Haven't tried playing with it again, but will do so later.

Well i've learnt something there... how does it adjust the lights?

took me a while to figure out how to turn the fog light on. (can't do it with auto lights)

6appeal said:
Well i've learnt something there... how does it adjust the lights?

The button below the speedometer which if pressed resets the trip data, can also be twisted left/right and it adjusts the backlights in the instrument panel.
If you twist left/right and look in the multifunction display, you can see the % going up/down.
At the same time, it's also meant to adjust the backlights on the buttons I am having an issue with.
Haven't had time to try it yet but I suspect (hope) that it'll sort it out, because as I said, I was fiddling around with that button a few days before I noticed the dark buttons.

Its the dash illumination dimmer switch , you turn it side to side , the switch will brighten all switch and dash illumination , if you set it to have a dark dash board then switches will also be dark .

If swithes stay dark then theres a codeing issue and OPC time .

Demort said:
Its the dash illumination dimmer switch , you turn it side to side , the switch will brighten all switch and dash illumination , if you set it to have a dark dash board then switches will also be dark .

If swithes stay dark then theres a codeing issue and OPC time .

:thumb:

Thanks, I'll report back.

Thank you all for your input.
I now have the buttons lit up again - it was obviously me when I was fiddling with the dimmer switch.

Well done. Job jobbed :thumb:

I changed mine for first time, appears that default setting is 50%... so changed it to 51%. Half full. ;)

6appeal said:
I changed mine for first time, appears that default setting is 50%... so changed it to 51%. Half full. ;)

Got mine on 75%, but than I've always been greedy :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back