Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wrapping 991 turbo

k3bab

I have a proper 991.2 turbo in black. It looks good in black but I'm thinking about having it wrapped. I like the idea of matte black wrap or possibly even chrome wrap just to be outrageous. Has anyone got experience of having their 911 wrapped? Is there a risk of paint peeling off when the wrap is removed? Ive read somewhere that could be a risk.

Take a look at the vlogger Shmee on youtube who had his GT4 wrapped. Took it off after 9 months and 9k miles - perfect paintwork :roll:

Make sure you get it wrapped by someone that knows what they are doing.
They use scalpels to cut the wrap - clumsy installer have been known to scratch the original paint often.

Not a big fan of wrap - espeacially Matt black ...(but who am I too comment - my wife picks my clothes out each morning)

How about this colour / effect

Attachments

• img_2798_170.jpg
    img_2798_170.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,537
vroomvroom said:
but who am I too comment - my wife picks my clothes out each morning

Surely not :?:

My Sister does this for her husband too, and I could never quite get to grips with it as a concept. My own Wife doesn't even know where I keep most of my clothes. :lol:

OP, in terms of the wrap, go for it, but matte black or chrome would certainly not be at the top of my list.

Wrapping a car that's never had any paint repairs will usually be fine. Go for it it is a bit of fun. But chrome or matte black imo went out of fashion some time ago.

Done properly a wrap will never and i mean never damage any paint work or trim....GO FOR IT....100% reversable if you are not happy or fancy another change

Matt black is so BMW tho imho
Chrome is possibly a little chav

Mexico blue, orange, the new renault flame red look good or go totally bespoke, thats the beauty of a wrap. yes i knwo no tmych help at all

911tom said:
But chrome or matte black imo went out of fashion some time ago.

If you complement it with the gold teeth, heavy curb ID bracelet and Sovereign rings you might be OK. Spinners optional :thumb:

How about .....

OR

I think it's the blogger JWW who wrapped his GT3/RS the exact same,Mir appears, Matt blue I'd do my M6 4 yrs ago whilst in Dubai and I think it looks awesome. YouTube it.

Wrapstyle was the company I used there, Czech perhaps but have/had facilities all over Europe at the time and they did an amazing job. 5 yr warranty and price included removing whenever you wanted it done. I concur with their view that it very much protects your original paint and there should be no chance of it damaging the paintwork upon removal. I wonder what it costs here, £3-4K perhaps?

Door dings etc are simply touched up, I.e. They just replace the wrap on the panel so easy. I agree, there's more interesting colours than black and chrome so visit a shop and get some ideas.

T8 said:
How about .....

brings new meaning to tipping the velvet. :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back