Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2011 Cayenne headlights terrible

Motojohn1

Hi people
The halogen headlights are terrible on my 2011 cayenne.
I've tried hid kits and got nothing but warning lights on dashboard.
I've now got a set of Cree led bulbs which are a little better but still rubbish. Can anyone offer any suggestions so that I may actually be able to see at night
:x :eek:
Really frustrating
Cheers

Quite happy with mine.
Do you want whiter light or brighter illumination.
Halogens are not particularly white, but the illumination is reasonable.

I'm not worried what colour they are I would just like to see at night. My drl's are brighter. My reverse lights and interior lights would cast more light.
The beams are adjusted correctly but are dangerously poor.

I've read somewhere that projectors can burn out?
Cheers
John

A set of HID running around 4600k spectrum :dont know:

As an aside I had Xenon on my 2012 Cayenne and I thought they were poor. If I was buying new given the costs I wouldn't go out of my way to spec them. LED are the 'future' but they're even more expensive :eek:

Does anybody do an LED conversion for the Cayenne.

I'm glad you just said the factory xenon were poor also.
I find the light is incredibly limited and seems shocking for a decent car to have such bad headlights.
My wife's Morris minor no word of a lie has better headlamps from 1967 :eek:
This is become such bone of contention with my wife and I that I believe the car will be sold over something as daft as the headlights

Motojohn1 said:
This is become such bone of contention with my wife and I that I believe the car will be sold over something as daft as the headlights

That or the oil leak from the bellhousing if it's a diesel :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back