Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rs Recreastion

rstaichi said:
i also think at this time of year we can shave a few quid of the asking price
:thumb:

At ' this time of year' ??

Do you think they need money for Christmas presents/food etc?

All that dough ploughed into it and it's not raised the price bar much above what a standard spec would be when you knock off some of the additions :what:

That said, JZM dont sell shoite, in fact they turn a lot of cars down so I'd expect it to be 'straight' :roll:

Illuminati wont like it. Doubt you'll get much baggage off it as a 'Santa's sac special' but if it floats your boat. :hand: May be harder to shift on.

Jonttt wouldn't buy it :grin:

I really like it at current values it looks a decent buy if you want a solid car to enjoy and not for resale appreciation.

993's seem to be moving pretty quickly right now... I wonder if the UK has finally woken up and thought, 964 with leaky bits and 100k miles for £40-50k or 993 with much improved rear suspension, less leak prone engine with same mileage for £30-40k in NB form, £50k+ for WB.

I say "its about time".

C.

Looked nicely done and cost a fortune to do so someone got a bargain

It was a cheap car in my view.

I understand the costs associated with building a full replica, my full RS rep with sunroof delete with a Ninemeister 3.8 speed in speed yellow, correct suspension and full south bound interior will be for sale once the re-spray is completed early in the new year, so it will be interesting to see how the market values a full replica, given the value now of RHD 3.8 RS originals.

Another 9m/Southbound replica in red but still 3.6 also very expensive. I agree it does look good value if that is what you are after and the correct Porsche bits were used. I'll never sell because I love it and I'd never get back what it cost.

cableguy said:
993's seem to be moving pretty quickly right now... I wonder if the UK has finally woken up and thought, 964 with leaky bits and 100k miles for £40-50k or 993 with much improved rear suspension, less leak prone engine with same mileage for £30-40k in NB form, £50k+ for WB.

I say "its about time".

C.

Doubt it. Smoke and mirrors :wink:

:hand: All cars 'shift' if you price them right and then just happen to find someone who wants it.

Trantorman said:
Have to say I don't agree there.

To me if you're going to do a rep it's all about the detail, and that's where this one fall's down, you need to get rid of the sunroof, the rear wiper, put in new rear screen, do a front lens washer delete and then put some proper wheels on it to make it look like an accurate example.

But engine wise it really needs to go to 3.8, the point being of a rep is to give you the driving experience of a car worth many times more, and to do that you need the engine power with the weight reduction of the original. Without that your just driving around for the pose, pretending.

Mechanically with those kind of miles you're heading towards a top end rebuild, and unless it's had work the gearbox will be getting a little tired as well. You would hope that underneath the suspension and brakes will have had attention, but again at that mileage it's going to be a little scrappy under there.

Far better for me these days as the cars are getting older and we see more 993 restorations is to do a 'restomod' of some kind rather than a rep, don't copy something else but do your own thing with wheels, colours, interiors, and engine mods. And don't worry about originality, way to many of these cars ever made and nothing can't be put back to as it left the factory, but it will be another 20 to 30 years before you have to worry about that!

Far more important of course is to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy new Porsche year!

Plenty of RS reps about, good and bad but personally I just don't "get" lookalikes.

As I mentioned on another recent thread, I believe its about time people started thinking outside of the box with the 993 and started personalising and modifying with some imagination.

C.

Trantorman said:

I understand the costs associated with building a full replica, my full RS rep with sunroof delete with a Ninemeister 3.8 speed in speed yellow, correct suspension and full south bound interior will be for sale once the re-spray is completed early in the new year, so it will be interesting to see how the market values a full replica, given the value now of RHD 3.8 RS originals.

Serious question....Do you ever get to drive your cars? You put your 2S up for sale after nineminster did all that work, now your doing an RS rep only to sell. What happened to your turbo's, sold?

I can't imagine there is much money to be made if you aren't doing the work yourself but then I question why you would sell straight after getting the work done. Either way, not a bad problem to have. :thumb:

the Rs I have been using and enjoying this year did some good track events with it.

I still have a good collection of cars, mostly I do my own work which I enjoy greatly.

I either need to sell my 4s or my RS replica, I am away to build a long nose 993, bespoke build, really looking forward to it,

I have always loved the look of the early cars but prefer the drive of the 993, so why not have the best of both worlds, time will tell.

loads will hate it, but i think it should be fun.

Either way one of the two cars needs to go to fund the build.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back