Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My BMW E46 M3 CSL replica

There was a recall for passenger airbags, now also one for driver airbags. Interior is the expensive bit. I would be very surprised if you could do it properly for less than £15k. I honestly don't see why you would bother though. For the price it would cost to take a nice standard M3 and convert it to look and feel like a CSL you could just buy a CSL. If all you want is the exterior look and the sound then it is a lot cheaper. Personally I think that they look so similar that if I had a nice M3 I wouldn't bother, but each to their own.

MC

Pip1968 said:
Not a bad looky likey with the roof (from a distance of course). It is up close that counts. I cannot see you getting an OEM roof though as they are not even available to real CSL owners.

Did you say you had done the interior? They must be relatively easy to get hold of due to those being written off.

Pip
Ps I hope you have all your airbag recalls done. Apparently another recall for airbags is in the pipeline. :dont know:

Hi thanks, I think it actually looks better than the real thing from the outside, with its coilovers and stance !!

Not really that interested in the inside its got a few CSL bits in there, but you can go to far and it defeats the object of doing a replica.

I love the look of the CSL, thats why I have done it.

Condition is still key for with an E46 M3 and this is pretty much mint :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Nice looking M3, I'm curious to know how 'cut price' it actually is now though?

m119cars said:
Nice looking M3, I'm curious to know how 'cut price' it actually is now though?

Well, it all soon adds up thats for sure, but Its worth it !!

Getting a good base car is the issue these days.

Some calculations would make this knocking on the door of 17k now.

I've done my man maths, all the bits are like fanny to M3 owners, so I should get my money back as a very last resort. But its a stunning car as it is

:thumb:

As you say I think your money is pretty safe at that figure.

I'd have loved a genuine one of these but I can't justify the current prices, last time I checked £40k just about got you one with over a 100,000 miles

I wonder how many of the owners who have had them before the prices went balistic would pay today's prices to own one?

m119cars said:
As you say I think your money is pretty safe at that figure.

I'd have loved a genuine one of these but I can't justify the current prices, last time I checked £40k just about got you one with over a 100,000 miles

I wonder how many of the owners who have had them before the prices went balistic would pay today's prices to own one?

None probably if they are honest, far better things you can buy!!

But as an investment, they are very solid, and that what's getting in the way now!!

Not sure there are too many cars at £50k which do what the CSL does. The GT3 is closest but not exactly cheaper. Perhaps not everybody would buy at the current price, but not many are selling either.If the alternatives were so much better surely we would all sell and buy the better car.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Not sure there are too many cars at £50k which do what the CSL does. The GT3 is closest but not exactly cheaper. Perhaps not everybody would buy at the current price, but not many are selling either.If the alternatives were so much better surely we would all sell and buy the better car.

MC

Most are keeping for the investment potential not the car.

I'm even thinking about buying one to put away I think they are better than money in the bank, If I did I would want a black low miles car, so we will have to see!!

That's a bit like saying all the GT3 owners on here aren't selling because the prices are going up. They aren't selling because they love the cars and there are no similar ones at the price. For most it isn't about investment.

MC

i know 3 people with CSL's and they are all tucked away keeping the miles down, I doubt they will ever see a track again, and If buy the off chance they do, I would probably beat them on a bicycle. :thumb:

Well I hope to be on track with mine next year. Mine is low miles (40k) because I spend a lot of time away. Most miles on this and the GT3 are from going to and from the Nordschleife.

I prefer the Porsche as it is stick but the CSL has the benefit of seats down and a set of Michelin Cups in the back and a couple of crates of Bitburger on the way back.

I keep mine as I cannot afford a GT3 RS unless I sell both but the 996 is brilliantly analogue that I could never sell her. Lottery win would be the GT3 RS 4.0 but come into some money would be a 997 GT3 RS - ELA's would do it for me.

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back