Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 RS - Start of the refresh

The existing ones are good but have been refurbished and the speedline etch is off and one has been welded in the past. Nice to have a completely fresh set and get the older set refurbished. Won't go wrong long term.

They wont be lonely. :thumb:

Wow :eek:... Speedline & BBS :worship: - it doesn't get much better than that!

Fine choice :thumbs: What offsets are the bbs, I recall them on your turbo, will they fit the RS? Love 'em :worship:

Messing about taking some pictures after getting new stone down on my drive. Thought I would try and get a nice Christmas shot, the dog was convinced he was going for a walk....less than impressed.

rear wing

The car looks so much better with the small rear spoiler back on it especially from a side profile. The clubsport can look ok from front quarter view but when you move sideways it looks not so good!

I agree - it doesn't get better than that.

41241549414_c54816f33c_h.jpg

41060857445_d0feb94664_h.jpg

:D

Car looks just about perfect in the first pic and great composition.......I used to run round there!

Defo going to change to amber fronts now......

Hi TP81. Lovely lovely car. :)

Quick question. I'm just about to replace my front wishbones and my Indy has offered me either standard or RS versions. Do you think it would be nicer upgrade to go with the RS version on my C2? I'd assume the steering might feel a little more direct and the whole car possibly feeling a little tighter, but I'm wondering if it's worth the extra couple hundred quid as I don't track the car. I also worry that for out bumpy roads it may not be the best bet.

So basically after this long winded message, can you see either pros or cons.

:D

Thanks for the kind comments. Someone with more knowledge will probably correct me on the wishbones, I think the only difference is the shore hardness of the rubber. I believe Hartech used to offer a service exchange which is a good option and will fit a harder compound rubber bush.

A quick look at the spec sheets and its a combination of factors on the RS, different front axle wheel carrier and tie rods. The control arms have a harder rubber and the car has an adjustable anti roll bar.

In terms of what difference the wishbone change would make, probably not much, can't see it being detrimental to have a things tighter. Not enough is being changed to have a detrimental effect on the ride. I think the only con is the price of the OEM RS part v the std.

Hope this helps

The cheaper way is to rebush them with Elephant racing RS spec bushes like Jackal did but it's a time consuming job

Nice new pics Tom 8) Car's looking superb :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back