Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to make a 991.2 turbo sound better without voiding warra

Disco said:
The main effect is that once you have aftermarket parts on there they will not allow you to extend the warranty at the end of its term.

:yeah:

T8 said:
Disco said:
The main effect is that once you have aftermarket parts on there they will not allow you to extend the warranty at the end of its term.

:yeah:

That's cool and the gang by me. I wouldn't have renewed anyway. I find it far too restrictive. I bought the car for me and I'll decide what I do to it and improve it from standard.

911TEL said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
911TEL said:
+1 for the Kline innovations exhaust...

I had an Inconel system fitted on my Turbo S recently , bought direct from Felix at Kline, great guy to deal with ....

So , I had the usual reservations about fitting an aftermarket exhaust, even after having mine delivered , I had it on my garage bench for a few weeks deliberating whether it would be a good idea or not.
It looked so good sitting there it was a great conversation piece and was almost an artwork ..!!

....but I trolled the internet & You tube ( E sysman's GT2 RS conversion was played over and over again, to listen to the kline on his !!, I recommend watching that just to appreciate his commitment to his vision) listening to as many Kline systems as possible, the Porsche sound with Kline is still the best imho.....

So , on it was fitted and .........I can thoroughly recommend this exhaust as it transforms the usually muted sound from the Turbo stock exhaust ( although it could be made to howl a wee bit in ' Sport mode' at high revs)

There is no perceptible difference at low speeds, a sound that is comparable to an angry dinosaur when on boost and on the over run , it pops and bangs like a good un......
on my way home after the exhaust was installed , I had the initial feeling that it was delivering a flatter torque ' curve' as it felt like the power delivery was more linear than previously experienced ... I still think that is the case , but only a dyno would truly tell but I will not subject my car to that ...

I love this exhaust, and it must be one of the best mods that can possibly be done to a 997 turbo to improve the sound.

Terry

Nice. Your car looks ace. Love the wheels. I plan to go PCCB and gloss black centre hub wheels at some point.

Did you complement your exhaust system with a custom map? And if so what cat option did you take?

Norfolk,

thanks.. I like the car on the BBS wheels but they are back off again as I found a small rip in the tread of one of the rears , so back onto the turbo II's...

I haven't remapped it at all and do not plan to , I can see how the tuning/ modding bug gets hold though....... its a really slippery slope Terry

Its way quick enough for what I want to do with the car , and I will leave the engine stock.

If I can avioid watching Isysmans GT2 RS mod on youtube , I will leave it as it is for now ...

How do you find yours after your mods ?

Terry

Fair enough Terry,

And yeah, they sure ain't slow standard! The reason I asked regarding a custom map is you say it pops and bangs on over run. It shouldn't do and may be running a bit rich (which is better than lean btw) the pos and bangs could be unburnt fuel hitting the header pipes. Think tiny explosions. Now I might be talking shoite but can't see it doing your turbo's or exhaust gaskets any good. I'd check it out though.
So what's mine like now? It's amazing to be honest. According to the telemetry it's GT2RS quick. I'm planning to upgrade brakes and chassis next. Not cheap though... gumph!! As for power- more than enough. I would challenge any man to bury the throttle and not laugh out loud. It's daft quick.

Disco said:
As I understand it, you ought to be fine with the mandatory manufacturers warranty (i.e. the first 2 years) due to European legislation, but after that it becomes an extended warranty at which point they could potentially reject a claim if the part installed was considered to be contributory to the fault that you were claiming for (i.e. anything engine related that isn't a separate ancillary) but they probably won't. The main effect is that once you have aftermarket parts on there they will not allow you to extend the warranty at the end of its term (assuming that you keep the car that long). So if you swap it and it is not to be a long term car for you : keep the old one so that it can be refitted if you sell or may want to trade it in to an OPC in the future.

Happy to be corrected, but I am fairly confident that is where you would stand. So in short - you are probably okay to put shoutier pipes on. :thumb:

Thanks. And yes, this is how I understand it. But I'd add you definitely give OPC wriggle room in a warranty claim if you mod. If you're fixated with warranty I'd keep totally 'factory' pure. Not my bag though.

Felix_KlineExhausts said:
And most of the 1/4 mile record breaking 991TT's in the worlds carry our system.

I agree your exhausts are excellent but that's quite a claim Felix and tbh a little misleading as the 1/4 mile record holder with the worlds fastest 991TT is tuned by Ekanoo Racing / ESMotor and they use their own exhausts!

AdeD said:
Felix_KlineExhausts said:
And most of the 1/4 mile record breaking 991TT's in the worlds carry our system.

I agree your exhausts are excellent but that's quite a claim Felix and tbh a little misleading as the 1/4 mile record holder with the worlds fastest 991TT is tuned by Ekanoo Racing / ESMotor and they use their own exhausts!

This record thing creates usually many popcorn discussion. We have so many cars in the states running fast times. Its very hard to tell exactly which car is in fact the fastest :grin:

Norfolk & Idea said:
911TEL said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
911TEL said:
+1 for the Kline innovations exhaust...

I had an Inconel system fitted on my Turbo S recently , bought direct from Felix at Kline, great guy to deal with ....

So , I had the usual reservations about fitting an aftermarket exhaust, even after having mine delivered , I had it on my garage bench for a few weeks deliberating whether it would be a good idea or not.
It looked so good sitting there it was a great conversation piece and was almost an artwork ..!!

....but I trolled the internet & You tube ( E sysman's GT2 RS conversion was played over and over again, to listen to the kline on his !!, I recommend watching that just to appreciate his commitment to his vision) listening to as many Kline systems as possible, the Porsche sound with Kline is still the best imho.....

So , on it was fitted and .........I can thoroughly recommend this exhaust as it transforms the usually muted sound from the Turbo stock exhaust ( although it could be made to howl a wee bit in ' Sport mode' at high revs)

There is no perceptible difference at low speeds, a sound that is comparable to an angry dinosaur when on boost and on the over run , it pops and bangs like a good un......
on my way home after the exhaust was installed , I had the initial feeling that it was delivering a flatter torque ' curve' as it felt like the power delivery was more linear than previously experienced ... I still think that is the case , but only a dyno would truly tell but I will not subject my car to that ...

I love this exhaust, and it must be one of the best mods that can possibly be done to a 997 turbo to improve the sound.

Terry

Nice. Your car looks ace. Love the wheels. I plan to go PCCB and gloss black centre hub wheels at some point.

Did you complement your exhaust system with a custom map? And if so what cat option did you take?

Norfolk,

thanks.. I like the car on the BBS wheels but they are back off again as I found a small rip in the tread of one of the rears , so back onto the turbo II's...

I haven't remapped it at all and do not plan to , I can see how the tuning/ modding bug gets hold though....... its a really slippery slope Terry

Its way quick enough for what I want to do with the car , and I will leave the engine stock.

If I can avioid watching Isysmans GT2 RS mod on youtube , I will leave it as it is for now ...

How do you find yours after your mods ?

Terry

Fair enough Terry,

And yeah, they sure ain't slow standard! The reason I asked regarding a custom map is you say it pops and bangs on over run. It shouldn't do and may be running a bit rich (which is better than lean btw) the pos and bangs could be unburnt fuel hitting the header pipes. Think tiny explosions. Now I might be talking shoite but can't see it doing your turbo's or exhaust gaskets any good. I'd check it out though.
So what's mine like now? It's amazing to be honest. According to the telemetry it's GT2RS quick. I'm planning to upgrade brakes and chassis next. Not cheap though... gumph!! As for power- more than enough. I would challenge any man to bury the throttle and not laugh out loud. It's daft quick.

I agree regarding the flat to the floor action.... I find that Sport Plus acceleration is a great way to blast the blues away ..... its crazy fast and I don't think my eyes can scan the horizon for the BIB quickly enough.... I have certainly never piloted anything quicker in my time .....

I shall give it a bit of thought regarding the overrun situation though... I haven't changed anything at all apart from fitting the Inconel exhaust and cats ( didn't fit the straight de-cat pipes , but might just do it to hear the difference at some point soon..

Sounds like you are into serious modding fever there lad ...!!

cheers

Terry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back