Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 C2 manual....£42k....with 105k miles....

GT4 said:
On RHD, Driver's side is the engine bay vent (with forced flow fan) and Passenger side is the induction intake (although air may also passively enter engine bay here too)

Although, you do know the Boxster is WATER-COOLED, so it doesn't really need that much air flow!

The really cool thing is the air flow split on the new 991.2, where the deck lid top vents feed both engine breathing and intercooler, erm, cooling!

Haha, I'm a noob, but I know the 993 was the last of the air-cooled, a very lucky/hard working mate had one when he was 21. I've loved the Marque ever since.

Interesting, thanks for the detailed explanation, I did wonder what it's like for the engine to be packed away so...

Always figured the intercooler sitting atop of the engine in the 911s to be a moderate design flaw/less than ideal situation. Did they ever have them down the front along with the radiators?

964/993 Turbo single intercooler was above engine (directly below deck lid)

But all water-cooled 911 Turbo road cars have their dual inter-coolers behind the the rear wheels.

On full fat Turbos, both side vents send air to the intercoolers and out the sides of the rear PU, on the low-fat 991.2s, the entry point is the top of the deck lid.

ICM-200-996_3.jpg

2017-Porsche-911-Carrera-engine-bay-cutaway.jpg

I like it. Nice colouring a simple, no-nonsense car. If it was £35k ish I would buy it.

T8 said:
That's the cheapest one I've seen too. Obviously all down to the 100k+ miles.

If it was a 20 year old 993 with that mileage it would be a similar price.

:hand: It would be below 35 bags then. Dependent on condition. :bandit:

That makes sense, it was a 964 Turbo that I saw the Intercooler laid like a keyboard on top of the engine.

Interesting stuff, apologies for the thread hijack.

Isoproturon said:
I like it. Nice colouring a simple, no-nonsense car. If it was £35k ish I would buy it.

Speak of the devil (see above), but you don't want to start sounding like Zingers :floor:

GT4 said:
Isoproturon said:

Speak of the devil (see above), but you don't want to start sounding like Zingers :floor:

Oh no. Astonishing.

Its simple, look at what finance deals there are at present... Porsche finance do a guaranteed value of circa mid thirties... independent finance companies do a guaranteed value of late twenties.

Its a random aspect of society the perception that suddenly a car commits suicide at 100,000 miles.

If i were restricted to particular budget, I would always go for higher mileage newer car than lower mileage older car for similar money.

Isoproturon said:

I'd genuinely be doing the same at £35k'ish. I'd be adding a Bilstein PSS9/10 Kit or similar, some motorsport style rims and a set of leather bucket seats and using the car as a fun daily driver. ;)

C.

Sold!

~ Maxie

Not exactly......but I am sniffing around the 991 market. I was just highlighting the fact that even though people were saying £35k would represent a bit of interest for them, it must have sold closer to its asking price.

~ Maxie :)

PS. Give us an update on the scale-model flat-6 build, Paul.....intrigued by what you thought of the quality, overall display etc etc. :thumb:

It's kind of a joint project, so wrapped for Xmas

There's another 105k 991C2 Cab listed on the BCA site for auction on the 17th Jan.

It's probably a much more agreeable spec for a lot of people, i.e. black outside and in, with 20" alloys.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back