Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black vinyl headlight surrounds in the U.K.?

MJA911 said:
Arrrg, this forum :wink:

Yes please, I'd like set, thanks for sorting, they'll look good with silver body, black wheels, decals and roof :thumb:

Posted to you today.

Squeegee and instructions included.

Enjoy.

Thanks, I will, having watched the vid, what can possibly go wrong!? :lol:

Another set booked to go tomorrow.

Wildej, if you want yours to go out before I go away for a week, you need to get your 'Harris' in gear. :lol:

Received safely today. Got one on but ran out of natural daylight, not smart as you really need to see what you're doing and also not feel under time pressure and be patient! It seemed to be turning into a disaster, but it's quite forgiving while the surround gradually becomes stickier as it dries, so just keep working with it :thumb:

Mike - did you do it with the headlight in situ, or did you remove the unit first?

in situ, the little instruction leaflet actually says no need to remove light. When I see it tomorrow I'll have a better idea how well it's gone, don't think I will have achieved perfection, but I was pleased with what I could see in my pokey garage with poor lighting.

MJA911 said:
in situ, the little instruction leaflet actually says no need to remove light. When I see it tomorrow I'll have a better idea how well it's gone, don't think I will have achieved perfection, but I was pleased with what I could see in my pokey garage with poor lighting.
I'm sure it will be fine. It's hardly rocket science.

I'll do mine next weekend when I get back from vacation I think.

I'm thinking I would like to swap the clear chip guards on the rear hips with black ones, although I do worry that it may be gilding the Lilly.

Yeah, they are nice, but know what you mean, think I'll stop with the black accents for now, although the bottom section of the wing mirrors would look good in black.

Yep, got it done. Learnt that it works better in a warmer environment than yesterday morning, using a hair dryer helped, the vinyl was more compliant and willing to stick

File%2023-12-2016%2C%2001%2056%2031.jpeg

MJA911 said:
Yeah, they are nice, but know what you mean, think I'll stop with the black accents for now, although the bottom section of the wing mirrors would look good in black.

Looks good Michael. :thumb:

I think the black accents on the front number plate are OTT though. :wink:

MJA911 said:
Yep, got it done. Learnt that it works better in a warmer environment than yesterday morning, using a hair dryer helped, the vinyl was more compliant and willing to stick

File%2023-12-2016%2C%2001%2056%2031.jpeg

Must admit they look pretty good on a silver car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back